Hacking Question about Luma3DS and Gateway emunand

Corben

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!

I've been a long time lurker and was using an N3DS with Gateway. After contemplating, I decided to switch to CFW. I'm currently in the process of installing Luma. I formatted the micro sd for a clean install of Luma, but decided that I would have liked to boot both Luma and Gateway. Is it possible to install gateway's emunand after installing Luma? I'm not sure if this question has been asked before, but I've tried searching for this specific question and could not find anything similar to it. I apologize if someone has answered this before and if this thread is in the wrong section.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi!

I've been a long time lurker and was using an N3DS with Gateway. After contemplating, I decided to switch to CFW. I'm currently in the process of installing Luma. I formatted the micro sd for a clean install of Luma, but decided that I would have liked to boot both Luma and Gateway. Is it possible to install gateway's emunand after installing Luma? I'm not sure if this question has been asked before, but I've tried searching for this specific question and could not find anything similar to it. I apologize if someone has answered this before and if this thread is in the wrong section.
You can use the same emuNAND with both Luma and Gateway, or use sysNAND with Luma and emuNAND with Gateway, it's up to you. I wouldn't suggest using sysNAND unless you have A9LH though, and make sure you never update your sysNAND in GW mode.

Reactions: Corben

Corben

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay! Thanks a bunch! Also, what modifications/homebrew would you recommend for CFW? I'm almost done with installing it and would like to know what great applications are available that others would recommend for new CFW users.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk