Question about Jap New 3DS LL and multiplayer gameplay with gateway

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by AndQuocDrew, Dec 19, 2014.

1. AndQuocDrew
    OP

AndQuocDrew Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2013
    United States
    Hey guys! I want to buy a new 3ds LL from Japan and already ordered my gateway. I'm wondering if I'll be able to play most games with my friends either through local or online connection. I'll be getting the USA roms of the game. The most important game I'm wondering about is MH4U. Do you think I'll be able to play online or locally with my friends with if they have the US 3DS? I'm sorry if this not knowable yet without the US version of monster hunter out yet. I currently have a blue 3ds xl on 8.1 and can keep it if I wanted. Do you guys think I should just stick with that if I want to play with my friends? Thanks for your help!

2. kamesenin888

kamesenin888 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 20, 2007
    AFAIK the only roms that give problem with different region console are the ones with download play

3. the.rx-78

the.rx-78 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2013
    United States
    The update data can only be downloaded from the console region's eShop, so if it hasn't been uploaded online you're SOL. However I think with the New 3DSes around there will be an effort for more popular games' region updates to be uploaded.

Edit: To clarify, if you're playing MH4U JAP on a Japanese 3DS, you can go to eShop and download update files to play online. But if you're playing MH4U USA on a Japanese 3DS, you will need to hope to find the update data on your preferred backup site in order to play online. If you can't find an update, you *may* still be able to play locally.

4. kamesenin888

kamesenin888 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 20, 2007
    Or just ask for that update, mh4u is a very popular game it would be easy to get it

5. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    1. CIA patches are able to be installed in different regions.
    2. Some multiplays require not only same ROM region, but also console region - e.g. Taiko no Tatsujin's multiplay never works on USA/EUR 3DSes.

6. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    I came here because I want a japanese new 3DS too ...
    oh great >A<

7. justln

justln GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2013
    I'm playing 4G both online and offline with my friends using a US 3DS XL so you shouldn't have any issues. Installed the newest update cia too.

8. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    it depends on the game, each one is different, maybe it is due to the download play feature, i'm not sure

9. omegart

omegart GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    Italy
    for play online you don't need a working header for the rom?

10. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    sure yes

11. omegart

omegart GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    Italy
    well so if you only download the rom from internet you are unable to play it online, you need a proper dump of the cartridge

12. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    you can add a header to a game though, search the forums :)

13. omegart

omegart GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    Italy
    i read something about exinjector but, if you play online nintendo aren't unable to see that you are using a duplicate header and block you?

14. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    exinjector is something else, that's a different header. nintendo maybe could ban us, but nothing has happened yet. no reason to worry

15. omegart

omegart GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    Italy
    it's not better install cia file for be sure in case ninty start banning people you won't get banned? (and also i read that cia doesn't need header for online :P)

16. justln

justln GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2013
    Da fug you talking about? Please go do some research before you spread your wisdom on how downloaded ROMS, cartridge dumps, what cia files are or Nintendo bans even work.

17. omegart

omegart GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    Italy
    dude i was just asking, sorry if i don't know everything!