Hacking Question about ios56

Pete666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello

My wii is in 4.2 u and I want to install the latest shop channel...

Is it safe to install ios56 (latest version) with an old version of the system menu??? any risk of brick?

Thank you

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes it is safe. And since most new games/wiiware are using this IOS is good to update anyway.

Pete666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yuan said:
Yes it is safe. And since most new games/wiiware are using this IOS is good to update anyway.

Okay thanx a lot! Exemple: if I have a 4.0 wii did update is safe too???

thanx again for fast reply!

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only time you have to worry about stub IOS actually breaking anything is if you're upgrading a system menu IOS. System menu IOS aren't used for games ever, so there is never any reason to update them. Likewise if you're just updating an IOS a game uses, you have no chance to brick your system menu... assuming of course you're installing the right IOS
wink.gif

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only IOS's that you really need to be cautious with are: IOS9, IOS11, IOS20, IOS30, IOS40, IOS50, IOS60, IOS70, and IOS80. This, however, doesn't mean that you should just go around messing with IOS's without knowing what you're doing.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
koji2009 said:
The only time you have to worry about stub IOS actually breaking anything is if you're upgrading a system menu IOS. System menu IOS aren't used for games ever, so there is never any reason to update them. Likewise if you're just updating an IOS a game uses, you have no chance to brick your system menu... assuming of course you're installing the right IOS
wink.gif
I had to trucha my IOS 70 to run my wad wiiware from the SD card menu, but other than that...
BTW, I like to use DOP-MII to install my IOSes

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's different though, you're not upgrading an IOS, you're installing a patched system menu IOS just so you can run pirated WADS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hope you've had a good morning.