dan_s

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi everyone,

I used the guide at the top of the forum and all went fine.

My system is 4.2u and runs backups fine.

I installed triiforce but most dont run, (I checked the compatability page, and lots that are supposed to run dont). I think all i got to work were the c64 ones.

I read that i need cIOS38 for it to work. It wasn't included in the modify.zip package i used, nor was it mentioned in the guide.
Is it safe to install it ? And is it needed since i installed the wads in the guide ?

Heres a list of the ios's i installed when i modded.

cIOS202
cIOS222
cIOS223
cIOS249
cIOS250
ios70-64

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the cios38 that you are referring to is actually cios222 or 202... don't quite remember...
you see the cios222/202 are hermes and can be installed by his installer or the wad form you have...
but if you use his installer it gives you the option to create the cios out of ios's 36 37 0r 38 you see so thats where your getting the cios38 from....

hope this helps ya a little I don't really use triforce at all waiting for sneek to finally get released before i play with nand emulation....

-kitt050383

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
actually, the ios38 is used when running wanin's cios installer to install cIOS249, but that's not the reason why triiforce isn't working for you

i suspect you need to run simple fs dumper, then copy the newly dumped folders/files (titles, tickets, meta, shared1, shared2, sys, etc.) to your external hard drive

dan_s

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes i did the FSDump, converted the wads, copied the title & ticket folder over. I can see all the images for the games, and like i said i can play some of them (The C64 ones worked).

Thanks for the explanation about ios38. I did some reading also and am starting to understand things.

I went ahead and upgraded to ios38 rev16 while i was at it so triiforce won't work for me now for sure, i think i'll wait for a future release with sdhc support anyways. I have lots of emulators to play with for now anyways to satisfy my retro gaming.

Thanks for the help guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)