Question about ios & triiforce

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by dan_s, Jan 8, 2010.

Jan 8, 2010

Question about ios & triiforce by dan_s at 1:57 PM (1,225 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. dan_s
    OP

Newcomer dan_s Member

Canada
    hi everyone,

I used the guide at the top of the forum and all went fine.

My system is 4.2u and runs backups fine.

I installed triiforce but most dont run, (I checked the compatability page, and lots that are supposed to run dont). I think all i got to work were the c64 ones.

I read that i need cIOS38 for it to work. It wasn't included in the modify.zip package i used, nor was it mentioned in the guide.
    Is it safe to install it ? And is it needed since i installed the wads in the guide ?

Heres a list of the ios's i installed when i modded.

cIOS202
    cIOS222
    cIOS223
    cIOS249
    cIOS250
    ios70-64

2. kitt050383

Member kitt050383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    the cios38 that you are referring to is actually cios222 or 202... don't quite remember...
    you see the cios222/202 are hermes and can be installed by his installer or the wad form you have...
    but if you use his installer it gives you the option to create the cios out of ios's 36 37 0r 38 you see so thats where your getting the cios38 from....

hope this helps ya a little I don't really use triforce at all waiting for sneek to finally get released before i play with nand emulation....

-kitt050383

3. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    actually, the ios38 is used when running wanin's cios installer to install cIOS249, but that's not the reason why triiforce isn't working for you

i suspect you need to run simple fs dumper, then copy the newly dumped folders/files (titles, tickets, meta, shared1, shared2, sys, etc.) to your external hard drive

4. TroyTheZombie

Member TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
  5. dan_s
    OP

Newcomer dan_s Member

Canada
    Yes i did the FSDump, converted the wads, copied the title & ticket folder over. I can see all the images for the games, and like i said i can play some of them (The C64 ones worked).

Thanks for the explanation about ios38. I did some reading also and am starting to understand things.

I went ahead and upgraded to ios38 rev16 while i was at it so triiforce won't work for me now for sure, i think i'll wait for a future release with sdhc support anyways. I have lots of emulators to play with for now anyways to satisfy my retro gaming.

Thanks for the help guys.

6. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    i suspect u need a better dump.....

try getting a dump of your nand using fs toolbox

or use nand extractor to extract the contents of your nand.bin dump (from bootmii)