Hacking Question about IOS and other controllers

Disorarara

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I see that things like Devolution allow for different controllers in gamecube games running in Wii mode, but has anyone tried that for regular Wii games?

TyBlood13

As Seen On GBATempTV
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing I've heard of, but I know some games like DKCR have Ocarina codes that let you use the Classic Controller. Personally I think it would be nice if we could use the GC controller with the Wii version of LoZ: TP, along with a difficulty booster, to make a TP version of Master Quest (Since the world is already flipped). I just really hate the Wii controls in TP.

But I do know it depends on if the original game has access to certain parts of the Wii's hardware. Hence why only certain games and VC could use the GC controller

Disorarara

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nothing I've heard of, but I know some games like DKCR have Ocarina codes that let you use the Classic Controller. Personally I think it would be nice if we could use the GC controller with the Wii version of LoZ: TP, along with a difficulty booster, to make a TP version of Master Quest (Since the world is already flipped). I just really hate the Wii controls in TP.

But I do know it depends on if the original game has access to certain parts of the Wii's hardware. Hence why only certain games and VC could use the GC controller

Not quite the same thing, I know that we can launch almost all Wii games through a CIOS instead of the IOS it requests so what I'm wondering is why hasn't anyone actually modified that CIOS to add things like USB controller support?

Or am I getting this whole thing wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good