Question about hshop themes, FBI and Anemone

Klytia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi! Today I downloaded two Hshop themes via QR codes(FBI). Basically I scanned the first theme and then the second, but when I went back to the home I found only the last theme.
Where did the first one I scanned?

(After that I scanned the same QR code again and I installed the theme successfully)

Another related question:
applying a random theme with ANEMONE when the console came back on, the theme did not appear.
I repeated the procedure and it was applied. Should I worry about this anomaly?

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HShop QR code themes you can only do one at a time.

For "random themes" Try holding down the power button until the power off confirmation screen comes up, and then press the home button. This will refresh the home menu, which should enable the theme. If not then you have an SD card problem...

Klytia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
HShop QR code themes you can only do one at a time.

For "random themes" Try holding down the power button until the power off confirmation screen comes up, and then press the home button. This will refresh the home menu, which should enable the theme. If not then you have an SD card problem...
So even though FBI told me the file was installed, having scanned another QR code soon after, was the first file deleted from memory?

Btw however when I apply a theme with Anemone and close the application, the console turns off automatically. Then, when I turn it back on, the applied theme appears.

This time, after the console was turned off, the theme was not applied, but repeating the procedure with the same theme everything went fine, it only happened this time, I don't know if it's strange

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So even though FBI told me the file was installed, having scanned another QR code soon after, was the first file deleted from memory?

Btw however when I apply a theme with Anemone and close the application, the console turns off automatically. Then, when I turn it back on, the applied theme appears.

This time, after the console was turned off, the theme was not applied, but repeating the procedure with the same theme everything went fine, it only happened this time, I don't know if it's strange
Anemone doesn't turn off my 3ds, that is strange, but at least it works now!

Reactions: Klytia

Klytia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Anemone doesn't turn off my 3ds, that is strange, but at least it works now!
Yes, it happens with any theme I apply, basically I don't have to turn off the console manually but it does everything by itself.
However for now everything seems fine, I hope there are no problems with the sd card! Thanks for help!

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it happens with any theme I apply, basically I don't have to turn off the console manually but it does everything by itself.
However for now everything seems fine, I hope there are no problems with the sd card! Thanks for help!
If you take your SD card out a lot it will wear it out, and it would make the 3DS not recognize it. Sometimes it can get to the point where your system will not boot with it in. Make sure you always use trusted brands, (Sandisk, Samsung, PNY, and Lexar) as others can corrupt easily. So good luck!

Klytia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you take your SD card out a lot it will wear it out, and it would make the 3DS not recognize it. Sometimes it can get to the point where your system will not boot with it in. Make sure you always use trusted brands, (Sandisk, Samsung, PNY, and Lexar) as others can corrupt easily. So good luck!
Thank you a lot! Indeed I try to extract the card as little as possible! For now everything works fine ^_^ but I am always worried that some procedure for which I don't know the reason could damage it, so I prefer to ask in case.
Personally I heard that also some good sd cards get corrupted by themselves after years even if you don't touch them at all ... what to say, sometimes things just have to happen!

Last edited by Klytia,

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you a lot! Indeed I try to extract the card as little as possible! For now everything works fine ^_^ but I am always worried that some procedure for which I don't know the reason could damage it, so I prefer to ask in case.
Personally I heard that also some good sd cards get corrupted by themselves after years even if you don't touch them at all ... what to say, sometimes things just have to happen!
If you have to put files on the SD card, I suggest using FTP.

woolywoods

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hshop themes make a title, however every theme uses the same title. If you try to install two cia's with the same title, it just overrides it. It basically just installed it, and then deleted and installed the new file instead. Anenome can sometimes be buggy with the official themes, so I hope that explains the strange behavior.

Pro-tip. Do not try to do a "bgm-only" or "no-bgm" install with the hshop themes or it will brick your device. I have a fix on my profile that I recently posted cuz I was messing around with the official themes.

WiFiStackSmash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes, it was overwritten. All of hShop's theme installers use the same title ID so one would overwrite the other. You need to use one at a time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple