twindtrout9783

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I want to know if you can somehow extract and edit the files of installed games (the ones that you install from a disc)
I have Dragon Ball Xenoverse installed onto my flash drive, these are it's files: (6851.06 Megabytes/6.53 Gigabytes total.)
xenoversefiles.png

I want to know if I can edit these, (and how if possible.)

Last edited by twindtrout9783,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You'll need to convert it to a folder rip.
NXE2ISO can convert it to ISO and Xbox Image Browser can extract it for you.

You do need a JTAG/RGH to play it tho.

twindtrout9783

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You'll need to convert it to a folder rip.
NXE2ISO can convert it to ISO and Xbox Image Browser can extract it for you.

You do need a JTAG/RGH to play it tho.
Do I need dual nand for JTAG/RGH?
I still want to be able to use Xbox Live

Last edited by twindtrout9783,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc, god (games on demand, which are full retail titles) was how the encryption was broken. afaik, god and nxe rips are nearly identical aside from the requirement of a disc, so nxe2god is lightning fast and can batch convert within seconds. however, you need a jtag or rgh to play those games.

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought of a theory years ago which essentially is useless but should technically let you used modified installations for game modding

Have burned game, flashed 360 or whatever, install to a USB enclosure that you can spoof the ID of, person with stock disc keeps their file denoting the motherboard it's assigned to, replaced game files on spoofed.there you go?

I only had this come to me when I attempted changing the enclosure for a hard drive I still use only for it to say game install wasn't original to the device - suggesting the device isn't the drive, but rather whatever the drive is labeled on the USB end. I have no clue if this would work or not since when I figured out it could be attacked, I assumed no one would care.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that's what xkey and xode are: hdd instead of discs. you're still limited to untampered discs and no dlc or xbla stuff. I have no experience with them though.

Reactions: DinohScene

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that's what xkey and xode are: hdd instead of discs. you're still limited to untampered discs and no dlc or xbla stuff. I have no experience with them though.
This wouldn't involve any hacking of the DVD drive - it's just a oversight of how a USB drive doesn't consider the usage of removable readers/enclosures.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure I understand. I think the kv contains make/model of dvd drive, so if you were to use a different drive, it would have to be spoofed. I'm not sure about replacing the drive with an hdd though if that's what you mean.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte