Question about GW Emunand and Ambassador Titles

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Kandern97, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Kandern97
    OP

Kandern97 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 27, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Kandern
    Okay, firstly, this is my first time posting on forums so if I screw up badly, please give me some grace and tell me what I did wrong.

Now on to the question.
    I have a 3DS on v4.5 FW. It is also an Ambassador console. I use a legit gateway card package (blue and red cards). And with GW soon getting updated to 2.3 adding back in support for 7.x games and eshop, I would like to know if I will be able to play those ambassador titles again.

I know that the NES stuff will work, because Nintendo basically made an emulator tailored for the 3DS's hardware. And I know that the GBA games won't work in Emunand because it relies on the 3DS's DS mode. So, is there a way that, if I download these games on Emunand 8.x I could transfer the GBA titles onto my "regular" NAND?

And if this is a matter of storing the game on the SD card so both "systems" could access it, I apologize in advance. I haven't been on the eshop in like two years.

2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    no way to use them on sysnand as the download tickets will be missing from the nand(they will be stored inside the emunand partition instead)

they can be downloaded on emunand and will probably show up in sysnand but will not be usable

3. Kandern97
    OP

Aug 27, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Kandern
    Don't know if this would circumvent that, but if I system transferred those GBA games from one system to another (both on Emunand) would that work?

4. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    It won't work on any emuNAND, no matter what because the exploit breaks DS/GBA compatibility inside emuNAND. They'll only run on sysNAND and you can't get them there without updating (and you'd lose gateway compatibility if you do, obviously).

5. Kandern97
    OP

Aug 27, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Kandern
    Thanks, but I think that perhaps you misunderstood me. I already know that GBA games won't work on Emunand. I just want to find out if there is a way to download them from Emunand and then use them on the sysnand. I thought that since a system transfer is between two different systems, then perhaps it eliminates the requirement of the download tickets being present, hence being able to launch these games. I don't know much about the internals of the 3DS or download tickets for that matter. So if you or someone else who knows more, could tell if there's even a possibility, please let me know, because I would like to test this out.

6. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    The tickets are stored in the nand, to transfer them from one system you need to either be
    A: on the latest fw
    B: running emunand on the latest Fw

If your in emunand the tickets are transfered to emunand.....meaning the games will only be playable on the emunand they where sent too, even though it's the same console emunand and system nand do not share their tickets, and content downloaded in emunand will not run in sysnand

7. Abcdfv

Abcdfv What comes around goes around.

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    There is no way. The only way you could get them working is to transfer them to a legitimate, fully updated 3ds, with a system transfer.

8. Kandern97
    OP

Aug 27, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Kandern
    Okay, well thank you for the clarification. I guess eventually someone'll make (or modify) a decent GBA emulator, and who knows? Maybe smealum's Homebrew Launcher could open some doors in the future. Meanwhile I guess there's plenty to be excited about with OMEGA 2.3 and all of those "new features" that Gateway's been teasing at.

9. Kandern97
    OP

Aug 27, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Kandern
    So I just tested out the GW 2.3 public beta, and downloaded the minish cap in Emunand, went back to sysnand, and I launched it and it works great! The only downside is that I have to redo the MSET exploit with the blue card to use Emunand for CCI's (ROMS).

10. Kandern97
    OP

Aug 27, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Kandern
    Okay, so this is interesting. I decided to go try and launch Emunand mode after playing the GBA game, just to see what it would do. And instead of bringing up the usual DS profile settings (as should happen after launching a DS title or [as previously thought] a GBA title), the top screen went grey for a sec, and then showed the OMEGA logo and black screen. So that might be something, indicating that perhaps the GBA "mode" is not completely reliant on the DS mode. Which means, potential for getting GBA to run under Emunand or perhaps an "emulator" of some sort for GBA. Then again I could be reading to far into this, but thought that I would just share my findings.

11. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    interesting, i assume the ambassador titles must of already been downloaded in the past on the console and then deleted......or they are just exempt from requiring the tickets to be stored in the nand.......im kinda guessing its probably just that they had been downloaded in the past so the tickets where already stored in the sysnand ready for the content to be downloaded again

as for it not resetting the exploit, that's good to know at least

12. Kandern97
    OP

Aug 27, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Kandern
    I did download all of these titles in the past, but if I'm downloading through Emunand, wouldn't that use new download tickets? Or are those tickets transferred over to Emunand? Yeah, and I said it black screened before instead of launching Emunand. But that was a lie, 2.3b just runs slowly on crappy SD cards, and yeah it actually booted fully into Emunand.

13. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    yeah pretty sure the tickets are delt with like a receipt for that specific game, seeing as emunand and sysnand share the content download folders, once they are downloaded in emunand with the same unique console encryption in place they just slot back in like jigsaw pieces with the old tickets from when you had them previously