Hacking Question about gmaeyeeeah shipping

Silent Xenocide

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I ordered my R4DS from gameyeeeah last week, and I get a call today saying its held in customs presumably because gameyeeeah says the value of the item is 6 dollars to avoid taxes and stuff. Now customs wants me to fill out forms and fax it to them. I'm not sure what to do though. Is customs going to charge me money?

xenon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I am not a lawyer, cop or customs officer; I am not from Canada. But I think I can still help you.

The customs found it suspicious that someone bothered to send a 6$ worth item to you from another continent. But luckily, what you bought is an underground gray-market gaming device; not an item of apparent high value like a DS console, mobile phone, iPod or the like. Considering this, you should be able to get away with stating it really is worth 6 dollars. You can actually buy an SD card reader from some sites for 2 or 3 dollars, free shipping. I don't think the customs will run an extensive online search on R4 (just to eventually find out it's a harmless object worth 30 or 40 bucks). So my suggestion is you send that fax confirming the declared value. Your other option is to state that the seller tried to play it smart but you're honest and admit the R4 is worth more than that. Nothing bad will happen to you, but you're likely to pay a relatively small customs fee.

By the way: screw strict customs! We're not wholesalers, FFS!
lecture.gif

Silent Xenocide

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am not a lawyer, cop or customs officer; I am not from Canada. But I think I can still help you.

The customs found it suspicious that someone bothered to send a 6$ worth item to you from another continent. But luckily, what you bought is an underground gray-market gaming device; not an item of apparent high value like a DS console, mobile phone, iPod or the like. Considering this, you should be able to get away with stating it really is worth 6 dollars. You can actually buy an SD card reader from some sites for 2 or 3 dollars, free shipping. I don't think the customs will run an extensive online search on R4 (just to eventually find out it's a harmless object worth 30 or 40 bucks). So my suggestion is you send that fax confirming the declared value. Your other option is to state that the seller tried to play it smart but you're honest and admit the R4 is worth more than that. Nothing bad will happen to you, but you're likely to pay a relatively small customs fee.

By the way: screw strict customs! We're not wholesalers, FFS!Â
lecture.gif

I would've lied and said it was 6 dollars, but the thing is, they want me to ship the paypal page showing how much I paid as well. And it is bundled with a MicroSD stick and not just the R4. I'm just wondering how much they would charge me for the taxes and duties or whatever.

DSGRIM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently found out that they are fairly shady customers but they help in any way they can so you may want to ask them what to do, this is prolly happened to them before. ICE may be messing with canada's stuff too so who knows.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good thing I saw this post. I was gonna order 3 R4's from them tomorrow.

I'll just wait until my original supplier restocks them instead. That's supposed to happen either Friday or Monday. My friends will just have to wait.

dcramps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, just got off the phone with DHL Winnipeg. Same thing happened to me.

The chick sent me a .pdf of a "One Time Power of Attorney" form that I need to fill out. Whatever, I'll lie and say it really is worth $6. What are they gonna do? The only thing I don't understand on the form is the "Airway Bill Number"

dc81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered my R4 from Gameyeeeah.com, and it showed up yesterday with no problems. I had to wait 12 days for delivery but I knew that when I placed the order. I live in the USA.

dcramps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's now been 11 days for the $20 3-5 day shipping due to the customs bull. Uhg. I'm so annoyed...never buying from GameYeeeah again unless they refund my shipping cost.

dc81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sounds more like a customs issue rather than a Gameyeeah problem. Does Canada have more strict guidelines to get through customs?

dcramps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Finally got it today and I love it. All the homebrew I've tried works great, all the games I've tried work great.

Any suggestions on some cool homebrew apps? I've tried Beup and DSOrganize and I love them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn