Hardware Question about GBA saves

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, use cart_save if you have a DLDI-compatible slot-2 device with GBA compatibility, and use Rudolph's GBA backup tool if you have a slot-1 device. If the game uses SRAM for saving, you can also use Eepinator to back it up to a slot-1 device, though must dump it twice for it to work for some reason.

eldaddio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been playing about with various methods in an effort to extract my final fantasy tactics save file from an original cart, but have not yet managed to extract anything that works.

If it's any help to the OP:

Method 1 - Try GBALDR, hold R2 whilst loading, this will extract the ROM and .sav file. My FFTA save didn't work though (I'm assuming this could be because it's not an SRAM save).

Method 2 - EEPINATOR, seemed to work well, but as far as I can gather only takes SRAM, so didn't work for me.

Method 3 - Use cart_save (download from this site). Requires you to hot-plug between 3-in-1 type device and actual gba cart. Again, I didn't get a working save file from this.

BurningMario

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I use any of these programs? And how would I restore a save?

Also, is there any way I could possibly save the old AR? It boots to the title screen, then freezes.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Method 3 - Use cart_save (download from this site). Requires you to hot-plug between 3-in-1 type device and actual gba cart. Again, I didn't get a working save file from this.

That's because the 3in1 is not DLDI-compatible as it has no filesystem.

How would I use any of these programs? And how would I restore a save?
We may have a problem. All of us are assuming you have some sort of homebrew equipment, when you didn't state whether you did or not. Do you have a Supercard or M3 or R4 or anything like that? Heck, for that matter, do you have a DS or just a GBA?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then I'm afraid I don't know how to help you, sorry. I don't have any experience with Action Replay devices, either the save backup tools or the cheating tools.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)