Question about games of other regions

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by JFalcon, Jan 25, 2017.

1. JFalcon
    OP

JFalcon GBAtemp Regular

Jun 28, 2015
    Hey all, I've been away from here for sometime and have been able to sort of come up to pace on what's been going on in the scene as of late. I've done all the stuff required to get Haxchi working but I was wondering if it's possible to play game that aren't NTSC? I think you do it through CFW but I'm not sure if a certain one is needed to do so or what? I've downloaded Mocha onto my SD card but have yet to test things out with it. Would really appreciate some help as I'm not only looking into this for myself. :P

2. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    If you have HaxChi installed no need for mocha. Just tell HaxChi to boot to system menu. It will patch it for region free and signatures

Last edited by Kafluke, Jan 25, 2017
  3. JFalcon
    OP

JFalcon GBAtemp Regular

Jun 28, 2015
    Oh hey! Thanks, you are always helpful!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

How do I tell it to do so? I tried to figure that out myself but It only boots to the various homebrew I have on the SD card.

4. ddurdle

ddurdle GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2015
    Canada
    You need to edit the config.txt file's default behaviour to sysmenu.

JFalcon likes this.
  5. JFalcon
    OP

JFalcon GBAtemp Regular

Jun 28, 2015
    The contents of My SD card look like this. I assume B is where I would make the change? If so then it seems it's already changed?

a=fw.img
    b=sysmenu
    default=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf

6. ddurdle

ddurdle GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2015
    Canada
    Haxchi doesn't load the config.txt file off SD after it is installed, so if you modify it, it won't take into effect. You will need to reinstall.

Better to modify the config.txt directly in SYSNAND via FTP Everywhere.

If you want sysmenu to load as default, modify default=sysmenu. Otherwise, you can hold the B button to force to sysmenu when starting Haxchi.

Also to note, the buttons pertain to gamepad. You can't use pro controller or other controllers for the button pressing.

7. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Can't you just hold down B during boot up? I figure that's easier since you can load up Haxchi and use HBL as normal.

Edit: What if you want to use HBL? If you edit the config to use Sysmenu, you won't be able to load HBL

8. JFalcon
    OP

JFalcon GBAtemp Regular

Jun 28, 2015
    I think I'll just hold B, I won't be on the console much since Switch is coming up. Will this work with games loaded though the USB method?

9. ddurdle

ddurdle GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2015
    Canada
    Yes it will work with USB method installed games.

JFalcon likes this.
  10. JFalcon
    OP

JFalcon GBAtemp Regular

Jun 28, 2015
    Sweet, thanks for helping me out!

11. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Just don't forget. If you do edit config.txt make sure you reinstall haxchi over the same game as before so your changes take effect

12. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    If you change default= to minus= (or some other button), then add a new line that says default=sysmenu, you can do both. Also, Many people use HBL Channel, so the other HBL isn't as important to them.