Question about FOUND.000 files on SD card

CoconutCake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all.

BACK STORY: the other day I popped my SD card from my 3.60 enso Vita into my Windows 10 PC to copy some files. Windows gave me a message like "there's a problem with this drive" so I did the scan and repair. All seemed fine, until I noticed a folder called FOUND000 on my SD card after the scan/repair with 21 small 64K files on it, with names like FILE000x.CHK.

I'm guessing there was some corruption on my SD card after a hard restart, and these are chunks of data that got corrupted or lost.

Since I have no good way of knowing where these data came from i.e. what files they were once part of, I'm now afraid things may become unstable.

MY QUESTION: is it safe to keep the card as is, or should I just reformat and start from scratch to be sure?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try to use the card, but there's no telling what could be corrupted. You try some recovery software, if that helps. Only other alternative is to start from scratch. Might want to check the card in case it's failing.

CoconutCake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you to all who replied to me about this.

That is the way how Windows "recover" bits of what appear to be files on a damaged FAT. So that could be files/folders rcovered but with another name.
Wait, so are you saying the original files are still intact? Or are they are corrupted and these are just the bits that Windows could recover?

One interesting thing, is I have determined a few of them are png files of what looks like trophy images. Others are just random data. All of them are 64kb which is interesting.
You could try to use the card, but there's no telling what could be corrupted. You try some recovery software, if that helps. Only other alternative is to start from scratch. Might want to check the card in case it's failing.
Yeah, I fear i will just have to start over. Guess I just wanted some confirmation before doing so since it sucks and I will lose saves (since I don't know what saves are corrupt or not).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls