Question about flashing and battery life

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by futhamucka, Mar 7, 2007.

Mar 7, 2007
  1. futhamucka
    OP

Newcomer futhamucka Member

United States
    I flashed my DS phat because having the superkey in the DS slot was draining the battery really quick and I didn't want to be charging it every other day. Since I have flashed it the battery life is much better.

The problem is that now it's flashed I have lost the 'close the lid to pause' function. I have read that if I put a 'real' game, or a dummy card in the DS slot then this function will work again, but does it have the same effect on the battery life that having the superkey in there does?

Anyone have a clue?

2. bobrules

Member bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Hey, I'm not an expert on this, but I think it shouls work the same. You should try posting in the Flashme section, maybe that helps.

3. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    There are two pins in slot 1 that have to be connected to each other for sleep mode to work. A standard DS game will do this, but it will also consume some battery power. Ewin makes a dummy cart designed specifically for enabling sleep mode without draining the battery, but I don't know where to buy one.

edit: I found a site that has the dummy cart: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1204

I've never dealt with them, nor do I know if they have a good reputation or not, but they do have very good prices.

4. fli_guy84

Member fli_guy84 GBAtemp Fan

Malaysia
    Those people who bought R4DS from that site seem to be getting good service

5. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    since passme's (current gen) aren't required to be kept in once you boot, you should just click it in when you need to use sleep mode and click it out when you play.

6. Pikachu025

Member Pikachu025 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Austria
    ...If you click out the slot 1 card during a game, it will hang.

7. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States

8. arman68

Newcomer arman68 Advanced Member

Armenia
    I bought a R4DS from DealExtreme recently, and I am very satisfied with price and service. Delivery was slow but expected, and clearly stated before ordering. Good communication too.