OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I flashed my DS phat because having the superkey in the DS slot was draining the battery really quick and I didn't want to be charging it every other day. Since I have flashed it the battery life is much better.

The problem is that now it's flashed I have lost the 'close the lid to pause' function. I have read that if I put a 'real' game, or a dummy card in the DS slot then this function will work again, but does it have the same effect on the battery life that having the superkey in there does?

Anyone have a clue?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The problem is that now it's flashed I have lost the 'close the lid to pause' function. I have read that if I put a 'real' game, or a dummy card in the DS slot then this function will work again, but does it have the same effect on the battery life that having the superkey in there does?
There are two pins in slot 1 that have to be connected to each other for sleep mode to work. A standard DS game will do this, but it will also consume some battery power. Ewin makes a dummy cart designed specifically for enabling sleep mode without draining the battery, but I don't know where to buy one.

edit: I found a site that has the dummy cart: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1204

I've never dealt with them, nor do I know if they have a good reputation or not, but they do have very good prices.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
since passme's (current gen) aren't required to be kept in once you boot, you should just click it in when you need to use sleep mode and click it out when you play.

arman68

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Armenia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users