Question about Elink Software

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Opopanax, Feb 12, 2008.

Feb 12, 2008

Question about Elink Software by Opopanax at 7:58 PM (1,191 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Opopanax
    OP

Newcomer Opopanax Newbie

Canada
    Okay, maybe I'm just stupid, but I'm having trouble deleteing roms from my Elink card. The only option I see is "delete end", which just removes the most recently added rom, and I can't seem to move them around. Can anyone help me out here?

2. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    In the review it says that you can't delete game. They say that you can only replace the games (If they are over the size of the current rom then it won't work). Or you have to delete all of the games to get rid of that one. Pretty odd and stupid way to make software.

3. diglett

Member diglett GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah, it's goofy. I use the "clean all" button and reload everything.

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    If the Elink is a NOR-based card, then that behavior is standard. NOR flash cannot be manipulated nearly as easily as NAND-based flash devices like SD cards and USB thumb drives. With NOR, you cannot delete individual entries to regain space unless they're at the very end of the cart. I don't know much about the Elink though, so I don't really know if this info is accurate.

5. Opopanax
    OP

Newcomer Opopanax Newbie

Canada
    Well, not what I wanted to hear, but at least I know there's nothing wrong with my card. Thanks guys.

6. BDBARNES

Newcomer BDBARNES Member

United States
    hey i just ordered one [elink gba],please tell me how many games are able to be downloaded [4 at a time?],and is their anything immenient , I should know when first starting off ,I did at least 4-7days reserch ,b4 ordering and i am still coming up w/ strong negatives ,and small moderate pluses ,for the elink for gba sp /ds brandondionbarnes@yahoo.com