Question About DTV

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by science, Sep 20, 2008.

1. science
    OP

science science rules

Jun 9, 2006
    Canada
    I live in residence, and have no TV in my room, so I was thinking of buying this... CLICK ME!

But the problem is, I don't think I have a cable jack in my room. I might... but WHAT IS THIS I HAVE ONE OF THESE IN MY ROOM?

[​IMG]

Is there possibly cable behind it?

And if the answer is no, then I was thinking of buying one of these... CLICK ME!

Now, they seem great and all, but my question is... will these be affected by the switch to DTV? I know antenna TVs are affected, but do these count?

2. PizzaPasta

PizzaPasta Son of p1ngpong

Jan 2, 2008
    United States
    Akron, Ohio
    Can you pry that little circle out?

3. science
    OP

science science rules

Jun 9, 2006
    Canada
    No, its all one piece. But I could take the faceplate off and see whats behind, but I don't want to get electrocuted lol

4. DSGamer64

DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Nov 9, 2007
    Canada
    A cold cold place
    You won't get electrocuted. If you don't have TV in your room, odds are there isn't a signal even if there is a cable.

5. science
    OP

science science rules

Jun 9, 2006
    Canada
    Suites have cable jacks, so I think the cable is live, if there is cable. I might have a screwdriver, I'll open it up and see whats in it.

6. Linkiboy

Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

May 14, 2006
    United States
    I'd borrow an antenna to first see if you get a signal. I don't know how its in Canada, but I have a 10$ cheapo HDTV antenna and I get about 7 HD channels.

7. The Worst

The Worst Banned

Banned
    Feb 8, 2005
    United States
    West Tempadelphia
    if you can find a live cable you can split it and get free cable. if not you will also need a tuner CLICK HERE!

I suggest unscrewing that panel and trying to find a cable to split.

EDIT: hmmm, This says it has a tuner in it, but with the other thing you get a remote!