Hacking Question About DML And Sneek

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to play multi-disc games with dml? whenever I select the second disc of any game, I get a stack dump error. I changed the title id folder name, and the game booted up. however, I don't have a save on the second disc to test if it worked. also, if u save a game in sneek, is that game save only usable with sneek or can u use it with ur real nand as well? thanks.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure the same utility that makes multigame ISOs can separate them again. So just do that and put the games on as separate images.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, I did separate them. whenever I dropped the games into discex, it would identify each disc, and it would tack a 2 at the end of the title id folder for the second disc. however, that seemed to cause a problem. I changed the title id folder name of disc 2 entirely (I don't think it will affect the game since it's not directly tied to the game files). the second disc would load at that point, but I didn't have a save to test. I tried starting a new game to see if it prompted me for disc 1, but at that point I got a disc read error. the same also happened when loading a save from disc 1. so, I'm not really sure if changing the folder name even worked. with the compatibility list, I noticed disc 1 was listed for Tales of Symphonia (the game I tried), but not disc 2. is there a way to put a gamecube save on to a gamecube memory card? I might be able to figure out if it worked by using a disc 2 save.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Exhausted but happy lol