Question about DLC in emunand and sysnand

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Madridi, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Madridi
    OP

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    So I have emunand setup on my 9.2 3ds. I know the nnid is not really account based, so I won't be able to redownload anything I bought on another 3ds with my nnid.

So my question is, if I buy any DLC on emunand, will I be able to redownload that later on sysnand once we regain access to eshop?

2. mid-kid

mid-kid GBAtemp spamBOT

Aug 2, 2012
    Call/email nintendo to unlink the NNID from your old 3ds (or format your old 3ds, if you're still able), link it to your emuNAND and voila, you can install everything you had before. Please make a backup of it, because I don't know what ninty will do if you tell them you lost your old emuNAND on the SD card.
    We probably won't regain eshop access in sysnand for a long time, so I wouldn't worry about that. If it happens, there will be lots of tutorials explaining how to move your stuff to sysnand.

Madridi likes this.
  3. Madridi
    OP

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    My nnid is linked to both emu and sys. But it doesn't mean anything since the nnid is not account based. Meaning, I can't login to my nnid on another 3ds to download any of my purchases.

So now, on the same 3ds, will I be able to download content on sysnand that I purchased on emunand?

4. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    just in case you are confused about this - this is nothing specific to 'dlc' - it is the same for all digital content from eshop

Madridi likes this.
  5. Madridi
    OP

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    Oh, yeah I know that. I meant any digital purchases. I only said dlc cause that's what I had in mind haha..

So any idea?

6. Garou

Garou GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 13, 2015
    I've heard that if you can inject ticket.db to sysnand, if you have it downloaded already in linked emunand, it will automatically works on sysnand toi
    not 100% sure though

Madridi likes this.
  7. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    yes :)

Madridi likes this.
  8. Madridi
    OP

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    Awesome, so it means that this will work, even if it's not straight forward.

Will injecting the ticket.db work on another 3ds with the same nnid?

9. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    on another 3ds? i'm pretty sure it has to be the SAME 3ds... i believe the whole db is signed... i'm really not sure though.

Madridi likes this.
  10. Madridi
    OP

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    Thanks. It seems clearer now :)

cearp likes this.