Question about chips and original games

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by superkris, Jul 19, 2007.

Jul 19, 2007
  1. superkris
    OP

Member superkris GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Hi!

I plan to get my WII chipped very soon but I still got some questions...and I need to decide wich chip to buy but that's another story...

Here's the real question:

If my wii is chipped and I put in an original game will the automatic update that are sometimes present on the disc screw things up?

Will this problem prevent me for playing original games when they are not playable as backup?

Thanks to all, this forum is one of the nicest I've been to, people are nice to newbie like me!!

2. nilsk123

Newcomer nilsk123 Member

Netherlands
    Hi there and welcome, the update bricking occurs when you update your pal wii with an update from an ntsc game, or the other way around. ( pal = europe ntsc = america/jap ). As long as the game is from your own region you have nothing to fear from those updates, just run them, no problems. If the game is from an other region, make sure you fully update your wii first via the settings menu, if you've done that, you can just run the update and it won't harm your wii.

I hope this helped

3. superkris
    OP

Member superkris GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Totally!! Thanks a lot [​IMG]

I have an NTSC lauch day WII and i don't plan to play a lot of import since I only have dial-up (yeah, it sucks I know!!) and downloading a Wii game will take days or even weeks!!!