Question about buying DLC from a different xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Akuma147, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Akuma147
    OP

Newcomer Akuma147 Advanced Member

United States
    I have a modded iextreme 360 and have not been banned yet, because I haven't been online since the ban wave. I want to download some Rock Band songs, but don't want to get banned going online.
    My question is, can I connect my hard drive to another non-modded 360, then log into my account and download the tracks or DLC, and then put the hard drive back into my 360?
    Would the license be recognized on my 360, even though I downloaded from a different 360, but using the same account?

2. DarkWay

Member DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

United Kingdom
    no it wouldn't. is the simple way of putting it

the license for any content you download on xbl is "attached" to the console it is downloaded on and not the gamertag or HDD which is retarded my xbox broke and I was playing on my brohters and noticed I couldn't use any of my DLC on his xbox even though I was using my HDD and gamertag I was abit annoyed by that later after buying my own xbox (a new one) I had the same problem all DLC was locked and couldn't be used the only solution is this:-

License Transfer (clicky)

so yes you can download stuff on another console, but the you have to use this tool to transfer the licenses of ALL the content ever downloaded (from that gamertag) on the xbox to another console.

the catch:- you can only do this once a year
    ADDITIONAL CATCH (for you):- your xbox has to be on and signed into xbl with your gamertag to download the licenses to that xbox at which point you need to redownload the content you wanted to that xbox even if its already on the HDD.

3. Akuma147
    OP

Newcomer Akuma147 Advanced Member

United States
    Aww that sucks. Thanks for info!