Homebrew Question about browserhax

Ev1lbl0w

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
After I do the initials steps to use browserhax, the author says that after that you only need to open the browser and the exploit runs automatically. Is it true? Because I still want to use the browser normally.

BTW does the hack mess with NAND? Because I dont want my system bricked.

Deleted member 373057

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you don't want browserhax to work, just delete the payload once you've installed menuhax, turn off your wifi (on the 3DS), and close the tab.
As far as I know, Homebrew does not write to your NAND what-so-ever (unless it's installing a legit CIA).

Ev1lbl0w

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If you don't want browserhax to work, just delete the payload once you've installed menuhax, turn off your wifi (on the 3DS), and close the tab.
As far as I know, Homebrew does not write to your NAND what-so-ever (unless it's installing a legit CIA).
Thanks. What if I install menuhax? Does it also modify anyhting in the NAND.

What I want to do is if I want to launch homebrew, I go get my SD card with the menuhax, plug it in, and press L to go to homebrew. It's possible, right? Because this console is from my kids, and they have games in the SD card. And that SD card doesn't have anything related to homebrew.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
You can install menuhax if you fw is 10.5 or less.
And yes, you can have menuhax on a SD card, and a clone of that SD card without menuhax

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. What if I install menuhax? Does it also modify anyhting in the NAND.

What I want to do is if I want to launch homebrew, I go get my SD card with the menuhax, plug it in, and press L to go to homebrew. It's possible, right? Because this console is from my kids, and they have games in the SD card. And that SD card doesn't have anything related to homebrew.
Menuhax does not modify the NAND. It saves to the SD card. My recommendation is you setup CtrBootManager so you don't have to take the SD card in and out. You can set CtrBootManager to boot into your sysNAND or emuNAND by default, but if you hold Select on boot, you can boot something else like the Homebrew Launcher.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I could claw back 14tb by only doing 2 parity disks but I feel like with 13 disks in the RAID...