Hacking Question about Bricked Wii U's...

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,417
  • Replies 2
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
Hey, guys! I'm relatively new to this forum, however I want to get stuck in ASAP!

I have a small, yet important, question regarding bricked Wii U's. I heard from a Fail0verflow talk that
Wii U's, if bricked, can read an SD card image to be able to get back into the Wii U and fix the source of the brick. Is this true; how do you do it; and will it be useful for future use? Thx, guys!

Reactions: Dionicio3

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's true.
it's installed by using the recover menu, which is triggered by pressing eject+power button at boot (source WiiU hacking discussion thread)

The recovery file is in an unknown format.
there's one example in SDK, but it's signed for a dev unit only.
so, unless someone find this file format and can encrypt/sign it properly or bypass signature check for retail units, then it's not useful.

Or maybe you are a registered official dev for your studio and bricked a dev unit? in that case the SDK will help you (and Nintendo too).

Reactions: wj44
D

Deleted User

OP
it's true.
it's installed by using the recover menu, which is triggered by pressing eject+power button at boot (source WiiU hacking discussion thread)

The recovery file is in an unknown format.
there's one example in SDK, but it's signed for a dev unit only.
so, unless someone find this file format and can encrypt/sign it properly or bypass signature check for retail units, then it's not useful.

Or maybe you are a registered official dev for your studio and bricked a dev unit? in that case the SDK will help you (and Nintendo too).
I am going to register to become an official dev in a couple of years time! So, yeah, like you say, it would be useful for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over