Hacking Question about bootMii

rainbowvcd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to know what is BEST version wii firmware to install bootMii, if I want to install on 3.3u and then downgrade to 3.2u, is it possiable ??
unsure.gif

Or, downgrade to 3.2u and install bootMii, and upgrade to 4.0??

Lexip;

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BootMii is independent of systemmenu version. It doesn't matter what systemmenu version you have installed.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lexip; said:
BootMii is independent of systemmenu version. It doesn't matter what systemmenu version you have installed.

The only thing that matters is whether or not your Wii has a vulnerable boot1 to install it as boot2. As long as you can do a boot2 install than that is better than anything.

collectedsoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Maybe all bootmii qs can be compiled into one big thread?

Anyway I have a couple myself.
1) Does bootmii install on the unhackable LU64 wiis either before/after the LU64 fix from the softmii guys?
2) Is preloader no longer required if bootmii is installed on a machine?

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah im too confused as to what BootMii adds over Preloader?? As ive just updated from 3.2E FW to 4.0E FW on my Wiikey'd Wii?

Im not even 100% sure BootMii is safe to use at the moment as somethig about boot2 or something?

Or even if you have a Wiikey if you even need BootMii??

collectedsoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
kedest said:
you can combine bootmii and preloader
preloader can do the system menu hacks and autoboot to a dol.

Okay...but as far as brick-proofing your wii is concerned, isn't bootmii the better option? And I thought that's what ultimately the purpose of the preloader was as well..

Anybody on the first qs?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
bootmii offers full brick protection, although that's not its main purpose. It can make a full copy of the wii's nand and restore that later.
with only preloader, it's still quite easy to totally mess up your system without any options to restore it.

collectedsoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Yeah...that's what I thought...I would install bootmii but I still don't know if its compatible with LU64 wiis..

I'd read somewhere before it was released that it would be but that seems to have been forgotten now...anybody with a LU64 wii try installing it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: lol