Hacking Question about backing up a pokemon white save.

kjb1686

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a dstwo and a supercard slot 2 lite rumble with micro sd and i am curious if there was a way to backup the save i have. I have tried the savegame manager for heart gold and soul silver but i have tried it both patched and unpatched (DLDI) however when it is patched when it says press b to continue it freezes and when it is not patched press b to continue dissapears but it freezes i don't feel like buying a tool to backup the save i don't have wifi so that is out of the question. So please help me

Yit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. put MicroSD card in computer.
2. find "pokemonwhite.sav" or similar. The bit before ".sav" will match the name of your rom
3. copy "pokemonwhite.sav" to computer
4. You backed it up!

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i thought he was talking about backing up official carts o.O, if he is just talking about backing up roms on his ds2 do as he said^^^^^

Edit: ninja'd

check this

(in the slot 2 spoiler he has some specific tool for HG/SS saves)

kjb1686

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to backup a copy of pokemon white version the new one. From what i read i read it has the same problem as heartgold and soulsilver so i read that the tool used to backup those saves would work however i can't get said tool to work.

kjb1686

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But still if they do is there a tool or something out there similar to the program used to backup soulsilver and heartgolds saves and if so how do i run it on my supercard lite rumble. I don't have wifi.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he was asking if he could do it with his supercard lite rumble, which i don't think he can

i see you're talking about The NDS Adapter Plus, even tho i've never heard of it before i'm getting all green on WOT so i assume it's legit

and apparently you need the latest firmware and v2.0 of the software for it to work with hg/ss or b/w

kind of strange that i don't see a price

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
It cost about 25 bucks, you can get at renchi or from hkems assuming you can locate it in thier maze of links.

http://www.renchi.com/renchi/NINTENDO_DSi_...dapter_Plus.htm

gamefaqs will delete your uploaded nds save if it comes from any flashcart. If you have alot of legit games, a tool other than a flashcart is preferable if you have to use sites like gamefaqs, etc.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
It cost about 25 bucks, you can get at renchi or from hkems assuming you can locate it in thier maze of links.

gamefaqs will delete your uploaded nds save if it comes from any flashcart. If you have alot of legit games, a tool other than a flashcart is preferable if you have to use sites like gamefaqs, etc.
How can they tell the difference?

D

Deleted-236924

UniqueGeek said:
how_do_i_do_that said:

How can they tell the difference?

They probably will simply reject any .sav file
Probably why they only have ARDS save files on there.

Pretty sure if you converted your save file to .duc or something with a converter they wouldn't mind it.

Why would you ever want to put up your save file on Gamefaqs anyway?

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
furthermore, to access the save data on any retail card of Pokemon B / W you will have to do some soldering on the actual card itself.

No backup tool currently recognizes the save data on a pokemon b / w card. there is a hardware hack to get the tools to recognize it, but it's a bit of work, requires soldering skills and a really steady hand.

if you are interested i can outline the procedure for you. in the end, it will look like this. You can then, use your ARDSi or your NDSBckupADPTR+ to backup and write game save data.

kjb1686

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay i ordered a ez flash 3 in 1 and it arrived today tested out the tool used to backup heartgold and soulsilver saves and it worked. So the solution is to use a 3 in 1 so this topic can be closed now.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
rave420 said:
furthermore, to access the save data on any retail card of Pokemon B / W you will have to do some soldering on the actual card itself.

No backup tool currently recognizes the save data on a pokemon b / w card. there is a hardware hack to get the tools to recognize it, but it's a bit of work, requires soldering skills and a really steady hand.

if you are interested i can outline the procedure for you. in the end, it will look like this. You can then, use your ARDSi or your NDSBckupADPTR+ to backup and write game save data.

Or an NDS Backup Adapter Plus or this:
http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthrea...kup-HG-SS-saves

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs