Hacking Question about akAIO 1.8.1 and GBA emulation

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While reading http://gbatemp.net/t260726-akaio-v1-8-1? I caught one of the changes was "+ Fix GBA Auto saving." .. I can't think of anything else GBA stands for but GameBoy Advance. I know that (at least when I got my Acekards 2i) GBA emulation wasn't around, and supposedly not possible, but then what does the changelog mean?

Thanks.

n8equalsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it has something to do with slot 2 flashcarts. I think there was a problem where the savs of gba games would randomly be deleted.

tomrev

Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
Before 1.8.0 release, there is a user request additional detect GBA flashcard existing in slot-2 before saving and Normmat implemented it in AKAIO 1.8.0. This feature is really awesome for preventing to accidental blank saving over previous save file, however, there is a minor bug that autosave not operate when slot-2 has no game in NOR memory. AKAIO 1.8.1 fixed that problem.

ghaleon256

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I play games in NOR mode exclusively so that I can use my GBA SP and save battery life on my DS. In the past I just used GBA Exploader but thought that this update might work. Most games will not save correctly for, for example if ever I load my save data or make new saves for Emerald I will get the message that my save was corrupt and has been deleted after "backing up" and reloading via AK2. Does anyone else get this problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat