Question about akAIO 1.8.1 and GBA emulation

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Haloman800, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Haloman800
    OP

Haloman800 a real gril

Dec 18, 2009
    United States
    While reading http://gbatemp.net/t260726-akaio-v1-8-1? I caught one of the changes was "+ Fix GBA Auto saving." .. I can't think of anything else GBA stands for but GameBoy Advance. I know that (at least when I got my Acekards 2i) GBA emulation wasn't around, and supposedly not possible, but then what does the changelog mean?

Thanks.

2. n8equalsd

n8equalsd GBAtemp Regular

Aug 2, 2010
    United States
    I know it has something to do with slot 2 flashcarts. I think there was a problem where the savs of gba games would randomly be deleted.

3. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    Doesn't that refer to the EZ Flash 3-in-1?

4. twiztidsinz

twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

Dec 23, 2008
    United States
    AKAIO 1.8.0 wouldn't properly save the GBA save from the Slot2 cards.

5. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    You can place your GBA ROMs on an acekard and then select them and it'll transfer (with gba exploader) them to a slot-2 card which will then boot them.

There was a change to GBA save files in 1.8.0 that wasn't totally right, so 1.8.1 fixed it.

6. tomrev

tomrev GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2009
    United States
    Before 1.8.0 release, there is a user request additional detect GBA flashcard existing in slot-2 before saving and Normmat implemented it in AKAIO 1.8.0. This feature is really awesome for preventing to accidental blank saving over previous save file, however, there is a minor bug that autosave not operate when slot-2 has no game in NOR memory. AKAIO 1.8.1 fixed that problem.

7. ghaleon256

ghaleon256 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    So I play games in NOR mode exclusively so that I can use my GBA SP and save battery life on my DS. In the past I just used GBA Exploader but thought that this update might work. Most games will not save correctly for, for example if ever I load my save data or make new saves for Emerald I will get the message that my save was corrupt and has been deleted after "backing up" and reloading via AK2. Does anyone else get this problem?