Question about Abs (Abdominals)

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Raiser, Jun 13, 2009.

Jun 13, 2009
  1. Raiser
    OP

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    I've always been wondering about this ever since my abs started showing which was about 2 years ago.
    I'm 15 years of age and have what seems to be a 5 or 6 pack.
    Anyways, I probably have a 6 pack, but there's bit of fat covering the bottom left side.

Here's the thing: my abs are uneven. Not by much, but it's noticeable.
    My top abs are basically even, the one on my left protruding a bit more, then the next row, both protrude the same amount, but my left ab is slightly larger (in length), and my third row- the right one showing, but the one on the left is still hidden in fat, but I can feal the crease in where the tip should be and it's WAY lower than my right. Like the right one has it's tip at my belly button level, but my left goes just shy of a cm below my belly button.

I never really asked any professionals (in terms of doctors, etc) about this, but my dad who's somewhat knowledgable about this stuff says that they may even out as I grow, as I'm still 15.
    -Is this true?

Is there anything I can do to even it out or is it all genetics?

Thanks!

2. JoseGabriel

Newcomer JoseGabriel Advanced Member

Mexico
    Indeed, what your dad told you is true.

Your body is still not fully developed. When you grow up, you'll notice they will all be even.

3. Daemon.nds

Newcomer Daemon.nds Advanced Member

United States
    It means that you have a tapeworm that's situated a bit to the side. It's probably just the tail that's doing it.

4. Anakir

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    Genetics allow how much your body can develop. There's a cap on it though. It also may make it really hard for someone to develop as well. It all just depends on what it gives you as a limit. I don't know if there's a way of figuring out what the limit is though.. unless you abuse steroids and such. [​IMG]

I started developing abs when I was 13/14ish as well. It becomes more noticeable if you keep it up until 18/19ish - from my experience at least. From there on, its just a matter of pushing it farther through exercises. Don't kill your body at the age of 15 though.

Best way to develop it further is to use a method called "muscle confusion" (I think that' what it was called). You keep doing different routines so your mind doesn't get used to it. Once your mind gets used to it, it doesn't develop as fast.

5. Raiser
    OP

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    Ah I see.
    Thanks for your replies.

So I can continue doing exercises that work both sides, correct? I don't even know of any that only work one side. :S

And, I know not to kill my body. xD
    Unlike some of my school friends who go all out, only able to to like 2 sets of 3 on arm curls. xDD They just don't listen to me... >.>

6. Balrogs.Pain

Member Balrogs.Pain GBAtemp Fan

United States
    if you want to work on one side, theres an excersise, called the Side Plank, pretty much you go on one side (say your left side), put your elbow on the ground, body straight, and just try to hold your core up. after a while it hurts. Google it [​IMG] i suck at descriptions.
    Also, seeing as how they are only doing 2 sets, im guessing their trying to get muscle mass, rather than toned.
    Small weight = tone, able to endure more
    Big weight = Builds muscle mass.

7. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    A lot of bodybuilders that I've seen have uneven abs... I think this is quite common.