The Viztard

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I recently got a phat psp and was able to install CFW onto it. So I am still new to the PSP Scene...=P
Its at 5.50 gen-d3.
And I had a question that I hope someone here could help answer...
I currently have Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker and I was wondering if I should expect some kind of freezing up?
When I played it it ran very smoothly and I got to the Mother Base for the first time and saved.
But, according to my brother, when he was playing it, he got as far as to the part right before you enter the building to the first epic comic-esque interactive cut-scene with the stun rod thing...and then it froze on him when he alerted the guards and they came after him...he said that it specifically happened when they all came after him...and he had to restart the psp.

All my other games work smoothly and great too.
Just wondering if this is expected and if so, any way to fix it?

P.S. The dump was "patched" somehow, to I think make it work on m33-6 or something? It was on a forum thread ("Hako" if that word has any meaning to it.) with many other "dumps" "links".

EDIT: Grammar

*sniffle* no one answered...
frown.gif

Well to bump, it worked fine for a good amount of time and levels, then I got to another part, the level after you rescue "Chico" and then it would freeze up again and I would have to restart the PSP...it would happen at a certain part of the mission, multiple times...

Is there anyway to solve this or is that how this is?
Should I downgrade to m33-6 and use the 6.20 plug-in?
Or maybe upgrade to Prometheus?
If so would any of this help and if it would could someone help me through doing what will help?

Any comments or help is appreciated!
smile.gif

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dunno what ISO you got but it works perfectly fine on mine. PSP 1000 model with 5.50 Prometheus CFW. It froze on me once or twice because I tried to use CWCheat to unlock all weapons...

Recommend getting a different source

The Viztard

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
FlashX007 said:
Dunno what ISO you got but it works perfectly fine on mine. PSP 1000 model with 5.50 Prometheus CFW. It froze on me once or twice because I tried to use CWCheat to unlock all weapons...

hmmm dammit...lolz.

Well maybe I could upgrade to Prometheus? Do you think that would do anything??

QUOTE(FlashX007 @ Aug 20 2010, 04:55 PM) Dunno what ISO you got but it works perfectly fine on mine. PSP 1000 model with 5.50 Prometheus CFW. It froze on me once or twice because I tried to use CWCheat to unlock all weapons...

How is Prometheus treating you? Is it working fine for you? Like no problems on your ISO's? Because if so maybe I'll update to it...
And what part of MGS Peacewalker have you gotten too? Would that matter at all?

Sorry for all the questions as I am still new to the PSP Scene... >.<

Thanks for the reply.
smile.gif

EDIT: Grammar and some additional info.

Ultralex

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You don't need prometheus ,because if its patched for m33 it was prometheus patched, but it doesn't hurt to have it installed.
It's just a patch for the cfw ,not a standalone cfw.
the problem with mgs is that if you go to standby mode,it deactivates the option to load from the data installation on the ms and wants to read from the umd,but there is no umd.
Just don,t go to standby while playing mgs, use hold

The Viztard

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Ultralex said:
You don't need prometheus ,because if its patched for m33 it was prometheus patched, but it doesn't hurt to have it installed.
the problem with mgs is that if you go to standby mode,it deactivates the option to load from the data installation on the ms and wants to read from the umd,but there is no umd.
Ah, so the standby is maybe whats causing it to freeze?
But in MGS how exactly is standby mode activated? Is it sort of like idle time, when the PSP is set down for a bit?
But as far as I remember it would freeze when I'm playing...

Thx for the reply.
smile.gif

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
The Viztard said:
Ultralex said:
But in MGS how exactly is standby mode activated? Is it sort of like idle time, when the PSP is set down for a bit?

Thx for the reply.
smile.gif

Standby mode is when you flip the power switch quickly, it's kind of like a soft-poweroff since it just resumes from wherever you where in whatever you where doing. If you do it slowly then you just power it off, and if you flip it down then it goes into the "locked" mode.

The Viztard

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
The Viztard said:
Ultralex said:

Thx for the reply.
smile.gif

Standby mode is when you flip the power switch quickly, it's kind of like a soft-poweroff since it just resumes from wherever you where in whatever you where doing. If you do it slowly then you just power it off, and if you flip it down then it goes into the "locked" mode.
Ah ok, I always thought of it as a "Sleep" mode...

Well, then if that's the case it can't be the problem can it??

Thanks for clearing that up.
smile.gif

Ok, I read up on the thread where I got the ISO and it said to switch the UMD mode to "Sony NP9660 -NO UMD-" in the recovery->configuration settings...and before I switched it to that it was on UMD Mode: "M33 -NO UMD- somethin or other"

And then near the page where I got the iso it says to go to the "recovery menu > configuration > speed up ms access > NEVER"
But I'm thinking that is for a different CFW, not Gen-D3? As I can't seem to find that on my psp's recovery menu...

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
The Viztard said:
Ok, I read up on the thread where I got the ISO and it said to switch the UMD mode to "Sony NP9660 -NO UMD-" in the recovery->configuration settings...and before I switched it to that it was on UMD Mode: "M33 -NO UMD- somethin or other"

And then near the page where I got the iso it says to go to the "recovery menu > configuration > speed up ms access > NEVER"
But I'm thinking that is for a different CFW, not Gen-D3? As I can't seem to find that on my psp's recovery menu...
Power off your PSP fully.
Turn it on while pressing and holding L+R, that way you'll see the full recovery menu, which has that section
smile.gif

The Viztard

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
The Viztard said:

Power off your PSP fully.
Turn it on while pressing and holding L+R, that way you'll see the full recovery menu, which has that section
smile.gif
Hmm...it doesn't seem to let me power it on while both L and R are held down...o.O
Dammit, was hoping to see that menu...but I got scared when it wouldn't turn on...

Thanks for the reply!
smile.gif

EDIT: scratch that, the green light would turn on but the screen wouldn't...got me real spooked for a bit...=[

EDIT 2: Only the recovery menu where you hold down only the R when you power on works...just letting you know...
smile.gif

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for not replying quickly. To be honest my file got corrupted so I had to restart. I am after beating the A.I Robot Gupa I think? Anyways I am just after that. My bro is currently playing it to see if I missed anything which I did. I had to freakin redo it so I just shot everybody in the head no matter what.
smile.gif
As for Prometheus I think it is good. Has not given me any problems so far except for one game. Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core lags somewhat or loads slow. It was worse when in ISO format but my friend gave me a CSO format so it runs better. I just won't be able to enjoy the beautiful cutscenes. I am a newbie too so yeah...

The Viztard

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Jolan said:
Eh, just use a CFW that's not Prometheus and simply patch your own games.
Alright, well maybe since the games I get are all prepatched for m33 I'll just downgrade to m33-6 and see how that works...
But I'll need the 6.20 plug-in correct? Could someone show me how to get it and install it correctly?
That would be great.

Thanks!
smile.gif

EDIT:Or is the plug-in for newer games that aren't patched?

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
I got 5.50 Promethius (I know, how do I uninstall without having to go down to 5.00 M33-6!?!) and a supposed pre-patched copy of MGS Peace Walker and it ran fine! Never froze, finished the main story 100%. It's a great game, so if you get it to work, enjoy!
biggrin.gif

The Viztard

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
I got 5.50 Promethius (I know, how do I uninstall without having to go down to 5.00 M33-6!?!) and a supposed pre-patched copy of MGS Peace Walker and it ran fine! Never froze, finished the main story 100%. It's a great game, so if you get it to work, enjoy!
biggrin.gif
Gah, so Prometheus worked fine for you with no lag or freezing in MGSPW...is that for all the games you've tried?
Idk what to do now...=/

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
8BitWalugi said:
(I know, how do I uninstall without having to go down to 5.00 M33-6!?!)
You have two options, hellcats recovery flasher or GEN D3 XGEN installer

Protip: Go for Hellcats.
If you have a 200X, http://www.mediafire.com/?snp8vs3tcsvp422

Viztard, just go on M33.
Patch all games with ISO_Tool, have the KHBBS/M33_620 plugin as backup and nothing should go wrong.

The Viztard

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
8BitWalugi said:
(I know, how do I uninstall without having to go down to 5.00 M33-6!?!)
You have two options, hellcats recovery flasher or GEN D3 XGEN installer

Protip: Go for Hellcats.
If you have a 200X, http://www.mediafire.com/?snp8vs3tcsvp422

Viztard, just go on M33.
Patch all games with ISO_Tool, have the KHBBS/M33_620 plugin as backup and nothing should go wrong.
Alright I'll try that...
But could you lead me to where I can get this plug-in? That'd be great.
And is it complicated to install or is it similar to psnlover??

Thanks for the reply.
smile.gif

The Viztard

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Gah, I didn't end up downgrading...
frown.gif

I found out that if I were to, all of my saves would become corrupt because of the plug-in and I wouldn't want that to happen...
But I also realized that it always happens in the same area which where you are about to go up this slight hill into a building with a guard at the railing, th mission after rescuing Chico...and it only freezes when the guards are alerted and the side bar goes red signifying alert status....yea just extra info...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @SylverReZ hello.