Hacking Question about a few things emulation on the Switch...

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, until Lakka at the very least gets sound from the external speakers, (though wireless Joy-Con, graceful shutdown, and dock support would be nice) I'm still sticking with RetroNX. I just have a few questions in regards to a few different things:

1. Do the filters from Retroarch on PC work? Or is there a set of files to get filters on RetroNX? After playing some games on my ODroid XU4 (a more powerful RPi3) and my PC, no filter makes these games look washed out and pixelated!

2. Are there more cores than whatever goes up to the PS1? I understand if there might not be, but I figured I'd ask. For example, is there FBA or a later version of MAME than 0.72/0.74 that MVG ported? I tried pFBA but didn't like how things were configured to be universal for every game.

3. What exactly is ReiNX? People keep throwing terms like .xci, .nsp, .nro, and other file extensions that I'm also somewhat confused about. Is that all ReiNX is good for, though? Like, I wouldn't mind a layman's explanation, you know?

Thanks in advance!

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
about 3)

ReiNX is a custom firmware (CFW).
.xci and .nsp are formats for installable games/"titles", not sure what the difference is though
.nro is the format for homebrews that can be launched in homebrew launcher (HBL).

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
about 3)

ReiNX is a custom firmware (CFW).
.xci and .nsp are formats for installable games/"titles", not sure what the difference is though
.nro is the format for homebrews that can be launched in homebrew launcher (HBL).

I know one of these are like .cias, but I guess I'm just wondering what exactly ReiNX can do as opposed to...whatever the hell it is I'm using now. I think it's Atmosphere even though it's not even at version 1.0? I just remember downloading a a package on one of those YT tutorials online.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I know one of these are like .cias, but I guess I'm just wondering what exactly ReiNX can do as opposed to...whatever the hell it is I'm using now. I think it's Atmosphere even though it's not even at version 1.0? I just remember downloading a a package on one of those YT tutorials online.

Imagine ReiNX as being a starter package. It uses Atmosphere as a basis but implements it's own functions such as allowing you to run backups for example(The .NSP which are like you said the .CIA on the 3ds). And yes, Atmosphere is not OFFICIALLY released yet but it's somewhat functional, just lacks the features that ReiNX or RajNX (another starter pack CFW) have

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1