OP
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask and all that stuff, and for a silly question, but was meaning to ask is it possible to hack the 3DS SD Card so you can edit VC contents, as long as it's not illegal?

Thanks

nosklo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm sorry, I don't fully understand the question. Yes, you can hack the 3DS and yes, to hack it you need to use the SD Card. But what do you mean by "edit VC contents"?

Hacking the 3DS allows you to run backup (cough pirated cough) copies of 3DS games, and homebrew.

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
OP
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, I don't fully understand the question. Yes, you can hack the 3DS and yes, to hack it you need to use the SD Card. But what do you mean by "edit VC contents"?

Hacking the 3DS allows you to run backup (cough pirated cough) copies of 3DS games, and homebrew.

Yeah, I know all of that... That's something different that I'm not discussing.

I mean the "Nintendo 3DS" Folder found on the SD Card when you put it in the computer - can you edit any of those encrypted contents with Xorpads? I found you can generate a sdinfo.bin but don't know how to do it on the latest firmware (9.5.0-22.)

No, I'm not sharing the Xorpads here either.

I mean, you can now inject VC games into GB/GBC games using the browser exploit but wanted to know if you can edit the game banner that plays on the HOME Menu and all that stuff without NINJHAX and Gateway, I just wanna use the browser exploit to do this.

AHP_person

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I know all of that... That's something different that I'm not discussing.

I mean the "Nintendo 3DS" Folder found on the SD Card when you put it in the computer - can you edit any of those encrypted contents with Xorpads? I found you can generate a sdinfo.bin but don't know how to do it on the latest firmware (9.5.0-22.)

No, I'm not sharing the Xorpads here either.

I mean, you can now inject VC games into GB/GBC games using the browser exploit but wanted to know if you can edit the game banner that plays on the HOME Menu and all that stuff without NINJHAX and Gateway, I just wanna use the browser exploit to do this.

That kind of stuff has a signature, disallowing any edits to go unseen. The only reason you can install weird stuff with Gateway is because their launcher patches out the signature patches (save for system titles).

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can't generate xorpads on a system running 9.3 or higher.

9.3+ systems only have access to RAM based hacks via the web exploit. Sorry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.