Hacking Question about 360 chip and updating

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
possibly, what kind of phat is it? I mean the motherboard. you can tell by the power connector input on the back of the system. if it's a xenon (with no hdmi), it's junk. falcon+ is good and you might want to repair it. however, if you have to send the system to someone, it's probably not worth the expense.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, make sure the power cable is plugged all the way in. a power cable that isn't will give a faulty rrod.

elcarajos666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
possibly, what kind of phat is it? I mean the motherboard. you can tell by the power connector input on the back of the system. if it's a xenon (with no hdmi), it's junk. falcon+ is good and you might want to repair it. however, if you have to send the system to someone, it's probably not worth the expense.
Has HDMI out, I don't know what model is since the sticker is completly broken on the power connector.

btw, make sure the power cable is plugged all the way in. a power cable that isn't will give a faulty rrod.
Yesterday worked excellent. Today isn't working.

I surrender. I feel so stupid for breaking my xbox 360 that I bought yesterday, there is no one that can repair it due to covid-19, all the technical support and repairing for videogames are closed where I live.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would contact the seller and tell him that the system suddenly gives rrod. I wouldn't mention opening up the system though. he may repair it for you or at least take a look at it.

elcarajos666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I would contact the seller and tell him that the system suddenly gives rrod. I wouldn't mention opening up the system though. he may repair it for you or at least take a look at it.
He's actually my friend. He knows a bit about this too. I'll ask him if he can help me fixing this.

bruh2331

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey i want to ask you guys something. so i found a treasure. its an old jasper 360 and its already flashed. idk exactly the flashed is lt 1.0 , 2.0 or 3.0. it has an old dashboard before the kinnect update. and i want to update it to the latest ones. if i update it myself will the dvd drive reflashed itself to the normal flash ? im sorry im new about this

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey i want to ask you guys something. so i found a treasure. its an old jasper 360 and its already flashed. idk exactly the flashed is lt 1.0 , 2.0 or 3.0. it has an old dashboard before the kinnect update. and i want to update it to the latest ones. if i update it myself will the dvd drive reflashed itself to the normal flash ? im sorry im new about this

I'm not entirely sure which happens, because it's been too long, but the drive will either be reflashed or it will error when updating. it's best to reflash to stock, then update, and flash again afterwards.

Reactions: bruh2331

bruh2331

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not entirely sure which happens, because it's been too long, but the drive will either be reflashed or it will error when updating. it's best to reflash to stock, then update, and flash again afterwards.
Well thx for the reply. this xbox is not very important to me so... i guess ima try to update it myself

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I"d just leave the system's innards exposed after flashing to stock, then update. it will be very easy to get it reflashed quickly that way. I used to have the top cover off on my xenon, for a long time, 'til I put it in a ghost shell.

Reactions: bruh2331

bruh2331

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wait i almost forgot. when i update the dashboard, do i have to update it dashboard by dashboard or just go straight to dashboard 17559 ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM