Question about 3-in-1 and EZ4

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by ryuujin2788, Mar 4, 2008.

Mar 4, 2008
  1. ryuujin2788
    OP

Newcomer ryuujin2788 Advanced Member

United States
    Hello all,

So, I have a EZFlash 3-in-1 on the way, and I plan to use it with my M3 Simply to play GBA Games.

My questions here is: how in the name of god do I do that? I have the GBA_ExpLoader, but I am very unsure how to use it. I tried reading it in Japanese, but I'm not that far up to par yet, and I couldn't really find a straightforward explanation.

So, what kind of folders do I need to make on my microSD card? How do I patch the files? What do I select to play the GBA games?

Next, I want to know about the EZ4. As a user of the M3 Simply (and within the next 6 months a Cyclo DS), should I have gotten the EZ4 lite to play GBA games? Honestly, the whole business of playing GBA games confuses me right now, and I would just like some clarification.

Thanks for reading my noobish post!

2. sjones900

Member sjones900 GBAtemp Advanced Member

United States
    ok since you are using a m3 simply you need to place it in the root of your mem-stick and then create a folder called GBA this is where your gba games go obviously then create two more folders called GBA_SAVE and GBA_SIGN and then it should work perfectly. hope this helps =D

3. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    You don't need to create any specific folders or patch any files. The GBA roms can go wherever you want to put them on the memory card, the GBA_SAVE and GBA_SIGN folders will be created automatically, GBA ExpLoader will automatically SRAM patch the GBA games, and the M3 Simply will automatically DLDI patch GBA ExpLoader.

Just put GBA ExpLoader and some GBA games on the memory card, run GBA ExpLoader, browse to the folder with the GBA games in it, and run a game.

4. ryuujin2788
    OP

Newcomer ryuujin2788 Advanced Member

United States
    Thanks for the answers guys, that definitely helps a lot.

So I guess my only other question concerns the EZ4. Is it better? It's about double the price, and according to descriptions of the thing, it seems like it's the ultimate GBA game player.

Is that true at all?