Hacking [Question] A friend is trying to install 10.3 on their EmuNAND -> softbricks

Ridge

they/them
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Norway
So a friend of mine is trying to install the 10.3U update on their EmuNAND, but whenever they install it the EmuNAND bricks.

They've tried to install it using System Update through System Settings when 10.3 was the latest update, install it through sysUpdater (as a CIA) etc. but, whenever they then try to boot into EmuNAND it gives them the error that says: "An error has occurred, please turn off the system and try again."

They're using an Old 3DS XL with 9.2 SysNAND, rxTools 3.0, NANDS are unlinked. I'm not sure why it's doing this since I managed to just update to 10.3 through System Settings on my own 3DS XL. Literally the only difference is that my 3DS is European. You guys got any idea what might be wrong? Thanks in advance ♥

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Sounds like corrupt CIAs. Ask them to download the package again and use SAFESYSUPDATER(!!!!) to be sure s/he doesn't get a brick since it MD5 checks. Now that 10.4 is released, it's a one shot chance. If they softbrick they get 10.4 instead of 10.3. Unless someone manage to create a NUSServer you can link your DNS requests to.

Ridge

they/them
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Norway
Sounds like corrupt CIAs. Ask them to download the package again and use SAFESYSUPDATER(!!!!) to be sure s/he doesn't get a brick since it MD5 checks. Now that 10.4 is released, it's a one shot chance. If they softbrick they get 10.4 instead of 10.3. Unless someone manage to create a NUSServer you can link your DNS requests to.
Even if they upgraded through system settings? Kinda weird that it'd corrupt like that through Nintendo's official servers, all of a sudden. Is there any connection to this?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Even if they upgraded through system settings? Kinda weird that it'd corrupt like that through Nintendo's official servers, all of a sudden. Is there any connection to this?
Maybe, I actually have no idea. 3DSes aren't the most stable things that Nintendo have created.

Reactions: Ridge

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
So a friend of mine is trying to install the 10.3U update on their EmuNAND, but whenever they install it the EmuNAND bricks.

They've tried to install it using System Update through System Settings when 10.3 was the latest update, install it through sysUpdater (as a CIA) etc. but, whenever they then try to boot into EmuNAND it gives them the error that says: "An error has occurred, please turn off the system and try again."

They're using an Old 3DS XL with 9.2 SysNAND, rxTools 3.0, NANDS are unlinked. I'm not sure why it's doing this since I managed to just update to 10.3 through System Settings on my own 3DS XL. Literally the only difference is that my 3DS is European. You guys got any idea what might be wrong? Thanks in advance ♥
So what about updating to 10.4 through system settings? (be sure you are in Emunand before doing this)
It is confirmed that Emunand 10.4 works on rxTools 3.x

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.