Ques regarding Kinect on banned 360 on old dashboard

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by imtony, Dec 25, 2010.

1. imtony
    OP

imtony GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2007
    United States
    I have an online xbox and an offline xbox that I use. For the offline xbox, it was banned during the MW2 banwave last year during November so I'm assuming it's dashboard should be somewhere around that time. I haven't really touched it much, but my friends recently bought me a Kinect, and I decided to upgrade the firmware on that 360 from 1.61 to LT+ 1.1. I was wondering would I need to do anything else to play something like Dance Central? Or would I need to upgrade the dashboard? And where could I get it?

Another question I want to know is how safe has the new LT firmwares been? Has there been any ban waves? I've read that the new LT+ firmware are undetectable if you abgx and make sure all your games are stealth. Any truth to that?
    Thanks!

2. dilav

dilav GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 22, 2006
    United States
    All 360 games will have the necessary dash updates on disc.
    No ban waves have been released, although they must have a list of people who played those new ap2.5 protection games on LT, switched drives and what not. But LT+ seems safe for now, of course you will b taking a ban risk flashing your unmodded one.