Hacking Quality of Copying a Burned Game

shadowmanr6

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i were to make a copy off a already burned game, anyone know if there is any kinda loss of quality or something to that extent to make a copy of a copy? I use verbatim media just wasnt sure if if there is a loss of life doing that.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well maybe its me, but if I have to make a copy of a burned game then just put the DVD-R (whatever you burned it on to) Into your computer DVD drive, then copy the ISO from it, then re-burn to another disk.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
digital data has no lost of quality, only analog data/signal..!!!
smile.gif

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The quality of your copy will at best equal the quality of your burn. So if your burn was only 60% quality you can more or less count on the copy being the same, as copying errors =errors

m-tek

Trophies
Website
supex0.co.uk
XP
Country
hmmm ... didnt think you could do a copy of a copy.....

None of my drives read a copied disc....

I even have one of the special drives ..

What am I missing??

EDIT... got it... windows wont see it ... but imgburn sees it....

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
digitydogs said:
The quality of your copy will at best equal the quality of your burn. So if your burn was only 60% quality you can more or less count on the copy being the same, as copying errors =errors
This is true for VHS but not for DVDs
laugh.gif

Like Maikel Steneker said. You'll get the exact ISO that you made from the original/downloaded. You can also copy a copied disc and get better quality. A bad quality disc has the same data as the iso but not very deeply burnend (I know this is very simplified) but they are still the same zeroes and ones as on the original. If you know copy a copied disc you will still get the original data but you can burn it on a better dvd-r.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mousex said:
digitydogs said:
laugh.gif

Like Maikel Steneker said. You'll get the exact ISO that you made from the original/downloaded. You can also copy a copied disc and get better quality. A bad quality disc has the same data as the iso but not very deeply burnend (I know this is very simplified) but they are still the same zeroes and ones as on the original. If you know copy a copied disc you will still get the original data but you can burn it on a better dvd-r.
IF all the data on the disc is there without errors then yeah you will get the original image, however if your disc had errors burning or is scratched, then your image will contain those errors. It is not possible to get data from a disc if that data didn't burn/can't be read in the first place. Using quality was a bad example, as i can take a shit dvd and reburn with near 100% quality, but the data is still shit, just the burn quality is good.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
digitydogs said:
mousex said:
digitydogs said:
laugh.gif

IF all the data on the disc is there without errors then yeah you will get the original image, however if your disc had errors burning or is scratched, then your image will contain those errors. It is not possible to get data from a disc if that data didn't burn/can't be read in the first place. Using quality was a bad example, as i can take a shit dvd and reburn with near 100% quality, but the data is still shit, just the burn quality is good.
So... Just buy high quality discs and tick the verify box in your burning program
wink.gif
This way you can be quite sure that everything is on the disc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://allfood.recipes/pizza-burger-pie/