tstwitter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys,

Does anyone know of a quality 3rd party Wiimote / Nunchuck combo that will work with EVERYTHING ? I need to buy a bunch of Wii's and don't want the newer one's as they are void of gamecube ports.

The 3rd party wiimote would need to support:

- Config USB Loader 70r15 with dual players, wii motion plus stuff, etc
- All emulator games (a number of emulator's do not support the new TR remotes)
- MMM

Any ideas ? I know the answer should be just buy a pile of new friggen Nintendo OEM remotes, but there are a number of older emulator games that don't yet support the latest TR Wiimotes. So... I am thinking third party. I have used some older 3rd party Wiimotes... but they keep disconnecting in HBC and Config USB Loader at times

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use this one: http://www.amazon.co...p_ob_vg_title_0

Works with everything I throw at it including USB Loaders and emulators.

Only problem I've had is that at first it crashed the Wii simply turning it on while in any HOMEBREW application.
I fixed that with a series of syncs. Now it still crashes when using the controller to turn the console off while in a homebrew app.
I'm sure I can fix it with a cIOS reinstall or something.

Other than that, controller works fine.

You can find the combo on sale for about $15 almost always at http://www.slickdeals.net

edit: Oh wait, I forgot that the controller will turn itself off every 10 minutes or so. Don't know what's up with that!

Reactions: 1 person

tstwitter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Devante,

Thanks cool, great input! I found even my standard OEM Nintendo Wiimote (red wii) would disconnect periodically about every 10 minutes too. I remodded the Wii with the lastest code, that included Config v70r15 and the problem went away. Couldn't get USB Loader gx 3.0 to properly recognize my 2TB fat32 drive so I just game up on GX 3.0 . I also have a Green 3rd party Wiimote, I-CON item#ASD766 . It would disconnect all the time on Config v70 , even as a secondary controller. I just gave up on it and stopped using the thing.

My primary beef with 3rd party remotes is disconnect issues, but my secondary issue is all the cool lithium battery packs only fit OEM Wiimotes, and fiddling with rechargeable AAA batteries and the battery door drives me nuts.

Does anyone have experience with Komodo products ?

Does anyone have experience with Intec Wave products ?

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'll tell you this: my wife bought one of those induction chargers by Energizer and I hated that!
But now it's a godsend because it means that I don't have to take the rubber controller cover off of the remote to charge it.

And it fits both first party and that Memorex one.

To be honest, I'm sure the small problems I have with it can be fixed by messing around with the Wii mod software and/or syncing.

tstwitter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hum, Devante your input is great,

I also have one of those Energizer chargers but it's the old school physical contact kind. I have to do a bunch more Wii's for my kids friends and the plan was to use the those latest induction chargers (Intec brand). What drove you nuts about the induction chargers ? I would really like to know

I can also buy some cheap and simple contact Wii remote chargers that power via usb with the kids School Book purchase magazine that comes out once every three months if I need to. Which charger style one would you recommend ? We don't even use those rubber things as well for that exact same reason, you have to take them off to charge at the end of the day, and... that's a pain.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hum, Devante your input is great,

I also have one of those Energizer chargers but it's the old school physical contact kind. I have to do a bunch more Wii's for my kids friends and the plan was to use the those latest induction chargers (Intec brand). What drove you nuts about the induction chargers ? I would really like to know

I can also buy some cheap and simple contact Wii remote chargers that power via usb with the kids School Book purchase magazine that comes out once every three months if I need to. Which charger style one would you recommend ? We don't even use those rubber things as well for that exact same reason, you have to take them off to charge at the end of the day, and... that's a pain.

To be honest, the only reason I didn't like the induction charger is because it didn't come in a dock format. It's just something you set your controller on.
Maybe that's not a good enough reason but it's just the way my mind works.

Like I said, though, now that's perfect since I use rubber covers on all my wiimotes.
I'd suggest the Energizer induction charger now, if you use covers.

Another good thing about them is that when they do start acting up - such as not wanting to charger anymore, charger giving blinking lights meaning battery has a glitch - it's easy to open the batteries with a phillips head screwdriver, take out the two AAA cells inside, use a standard charger to "reset" them, and then they work like new.

Reset my batteries twice now like this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: but nintendo licensed