Quake Rev PAK Release 1

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by VatoLoco, Jan 26, 2012.

1. VatoLoco
    OP

VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    Ya Cant Get There From Here
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Izhido has released a new Wii application that can boot several titles from the Quake series of games, including the original Quake, QuakeWorld, QuakeII, and Quake II - Threewave CTF. Check out the project page for instructions and more information about how to set up and use this homebrew.

[​IMG] Download
    [​IMG] Project Page

2. rehevkor

rehevkor GBAtemp Fan

Feb 21, 2011
    This is cool, but I have already played the Quake series to death, including the DS version.

...maybe there's still some life in Quake 2 for me.

3. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    if the system can support quake 1 and 2, doom, hexen, heretic, and wolf3d, someone always finds a way to port an engine or two.

this would be worth checking out if i took the time to read more about hacking my wii. =P

-another world

4. rehevkor

rehevkor GBAtemp Fan

Feb 21, 2011
    I'd love to be able to play Hexen 2. It's Quake engine but modified, I doubt the source code for that particular engine variant has ever been released.

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    @rehevkor I am not sure about heretic 2 but hexen 2 got a source release back in 2000 and with it several mods. Perhaps not as many as duke nukem 3d or the others but they are out there.
    http://uhexen2.sourceforge.net/ is one of the more prominent but http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-talk/other-games/5920-hexen-ii-all-source-ports-list-know-more-post.html might also be worth a quick snout through.

6. mechagouki

mechagouki Kill 'em all...

Nov 20, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto, ON
    Will this run Half Life, or is that too extensive a mod?

7. SS4

SS4 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 13, 2010
    Canada
    In front of my Computer
    No quake III ??

No thank you :P

8. rehevkor

rehevkor GBAtemp Fan

Feb 21, 2011
    Too extensive, they never released the source code. It'd be nice if they did though.

9. Category

Category Trainee Romhacker

Jan 29, 2008
    Bournemouth
    If the source code ever gets released, it would run on Wii easily.

The Dreamcast has a port of half-life, and that was a less powerful console.

10. qwertymodo

qwertymodo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 1, 2010
    United States
    tueidj tried. The Wii doesn't have enough RAM to support the Q3 engine, even at absolute minimum settings.

11. Arm73

Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Mar 4, 2006
    Italy
    Switzerland
    Emh..not to interfere, but I used to play Quake 3 on the Dreamcast, are you telling me that the Wii is less powerful than the DC ?
    I don't really care about Quake 3 anyway, but if Doom and its mods work better then WiiDoom or whatever is called, then it'll be worth to check out. Also I didn't know Quake 2 was ported to the Wii, that is actually worth playing.