Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia

Quake DS - Prerelease version

Quake on your DS

simonjhall has released a prerelease version of Quake DS. Everybody's favourite game is now available in a DS flavour. The game runs at a fast framerate with sound included which is very impressive. However there are still a lot of graphical issues.

quakeds.jpg

simonjhall said:
It's taken ages to get this far, and as it's one of those games which will never be finished, I thought I'd better get out a version now just to show how it's going! Oh and it's playable :-D

Quake DS is off to a brilliant start, it supports DLDI, touchscreen mouselook, and either the shareware or full version of Quake. For downloads and installation instructions visit the homepage below. Thanks to hadrian for the news tip!

icon11.gif
Quake DS Homepage

gr33dy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just tried it on my G6, and it looks/runs pretty good (despite all the missing textures). I did notice that strafe left/right was not working at all. Pressing left on the D-pad (strafe left) would "look up" and right on the D-pad had no effect at all. Any else experience the same problems?

Overall, very good and very impressive work!
smile.gif

Logan_

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just tried it on my G6, and it looks/runs pretty good (despite all the missing textures). I did notice that strafe left/right was not working at all. Pressing left on the D-pad (strafe left) would "look up" and right on the D-pad had no effect at all. Any else experience the same problems?

Overall, very good and very impressive work!Â
smile.gif

websiteYou need a config file to tell the game how buttons are set up, etc. I know that my config file works, so download that from the link above and save it into the id1 directory.

here you go, the config file you need to map the buttons on the DS for Quake1, http://quake.drunkencoders.com/downloads/config.cfg

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I remember when I was following development for this.. like one year ago something.. all he kept releasing was videos lol. I'll give this a try later today and hopefully he doesn't give up on it (again).

gr33dy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.