Quake 3 Arena for XBLA is Close to Being Finished

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by War, Feb 25, 2009.

Feb 25, 2009
  1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    [​IMG]

"Despite being first spotted on the ESRB's leak-prone website nearly two years ago, and officially confirmed at QuakeCon over 18 months ago, id's John Carmack assures us that Pi Studios – developers behind the Xbox Live Arcade release of classic multiplayer shooter Quake 3 Arena – is 'actually very close to finishing that up.' He didn't identify any specific reasons for the delay, but said that the developer had 'different things come up at different times" like having to "shift people onto different projects.'

With Quake Live finally opening its doors to the public today, we asked if the two development teams – at both Pi and id Software – shared any insights into updating the FPS staple. Quake Live producer Marty Stratton said they shared 'where it's made sense' – think 'gameplay changes,' 'some ... new content,' and some 'new character skins' but not the newer, 'more PC-centric' arenas. If they can get the finished game in front of Microsoft 'within a month or two' like Carmack estimates, we may get multiple Quake 3 fixes within the year.

Check back later today for our full interview with id's John Carmack and Marty Stratton."

Source

2. Bridgy84

Member Bridgy84 Yub Nub

United States
    I used to love me some quake 3 back in the day I wonder if this is going to come with the arena expansion or is that maybe going to be a extra download.

3. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    I had no idea this was being ported to 360 Arcade. I loved this game.

4. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    Been playing Quake Live, and i've been loving it.

I will buy Q3 for 360 as soon as its out. Such a fun online game.