Quake 2 DS

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Hadrian, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Hadrian
    OP

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Linky here

"I've finally got Quake2 properly running on the DS and I thought I'd post a quick (and crappy) YouTube video. I am still getting Q1 pre2 ready, it's just that I wanted to take a break!

Anyway, linky: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu4VczrZBdQ (will be up in a few mins)

In case you're worried, this is exactly the same kind of performance that I had when I first had Q1's software renderer running on the DS. However, I'm still not confident that similar performance can be obtained with this game - there's just too much strain on the system this time.
    This is more of a proof-of-concept, showing that a full-blown game can be run of the extended RAM provided by slot-2 solutions. Yeah, I know all about the 8-bit write problem :-)

Kinda worried about properly working on this game though"

Video looks a bit crappy, makes the game look really slow but its great that someones giving it a go! I hope he succeeds.

2. teh_raf3

teh_raf3 Whatever suits you

Oct 5, 2004
    Belgium
    Belgium, Bruges
    That looks nice, he propably has put a lot of work into it. I hope the framerate goes up in the next versions though.