Tutorial QuadForce - A guide to playing Triforce Arcade games on a Wii.

drumsetz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a question that I haven't seen asked or answered yet but feel the answer is probably no.

If I recall, F-Zero AX supported a gamecube memory card and would allow you to race with the machines that you created in your garage in F-Zero GX, is this supported by quadforce as well?

I have managed to get the game running, but haven't gotten it to recognize the card plugged into either slot.

Thanks.

JackNet GameMods

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Followed everything and it seems to run as expected.

Tested my GP 2 ISO on it and it did a good job handling the game.

Funny thing is that the GP 2 ISO I got is approximately 500 MB (Probably a compressed dump).

Here are the checksums for it:

Compressed Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 ISO (503,316,480 bytes) - FROM SOURCE
Sample "RELSAB" header and "Sample Game Name" title:
38e96d3f9080515520075cecd693824b

Compressed Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 ISO (503,316,480 bytes) - CORRECTED
Changed the header and title to "MKAGP2" and "Mario Kart Arcade GP2":
e591cc0ae0ee3078e36a9516d5b5ef22

MD5 checksums from WinMD5Free + headers and titles from Wii Backup Image Editor

I would love to put this old Wii into a custom cabinet and do whatever (Don't know why, but it's a plausible idea).

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Followed everything and it seems to run as expected.

Tested my GP 2 ISO on it and it did a good job handling the game.

Funny thing is that the GP 2 ISO I got is approximately 500 MB (Probably a compressed dump).

Here are the checksums for it:

I would love to put this old Wii into a custom cabinet and do whatever (Don't know why, but it's a plausible idea).

There isn't a valid disc hash for either Mario Kart Arcade. They were ROM carts originally. There are hash values in the first post of the thread for versions that are known to be working.

JonnyTanna

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.JonnyTanna.Com
XP
Country
Works great on a generic 32gb SD card with 45mbs and Class 10. Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 stutters ever so slightly and the commentary isn't consistent, I couldn't format it to FAT 64k.

Anyway, does anyone have a full save for either of these games? I've uploaded my save for Mario Kart Arcade GP1.

Here's my GCT's for F-Zero AX and Mario Kart Arcade GP 2.

If anyone has any cheat codes for Gp1 that would be appreciated

JackNet GameMods

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There isn't a valid disc hash for either Mario Kart Arcade. They were ROM carts originally. There are hash values in the first post of the thread for versions that are known to be working.

Sure it's unusual that it arrived as a disc image for me (Which actually did puzzle me), but I was contributing my hashes from my MKAGP2 images (The first hash which is the one currently circulating on-line and the other one with an updated header and title according to the instructions) to show that they work if anyone finds them. Unfortunately, I can't provide proof of existence of the images due to copyright reasons.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Actually, they weren't ROM carts: I'm pretty sure that the Triforce was an oddball with it's storage medium for data- It actually did use optical discs similar to the GameCube in structure- but it used sega's GD-ROM discs, if I recall. Upon a quick search for information on the boards- they are actual disc images- not ROM Carts.
You can see one of the discs here:
2mgqyc2.jpg

and you can see the GD-ROM disc drive here in this image (On the left)
09-8dSMkaX.jpg

I'm pretty sure the "known working" versions we use are extracted versions of the GD-ROM discs- or direct rips- but I haven't got an actual Triforce sitting around to check.

Anyhow- I'm not really updating or supporting this guide anymore- it's still perfectly liable and the information is still correct- but I won't be adding any new hashes or anything. If you find another Image of the game that works- power to ya though

EDIT:
On second thought- I suppose I will add any new hashes I find to the guide- just be sure if you're submitting them that they do in fact run on QuadForce with no altercations to the file aside from header data.

Sure it's unusual that it arrived as a disc image for me (Which actually did puzzle me), but I was contributing my hashes from my MKAGP2 images (The first hash which is the one currently circulating on-line and the other one with an updated header and title according to the instructions) to show that they work if anyone finds them. Unfortunately, I can't provide proof of existence of the images due to copyright reasons.

Added your hashes to the Guide.

Last edited by CheatFreak47,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's Virtua Striker. Sega's Triforce games were on GD-ROM. Nintendo's were flash memory. If I remember correctly they had a card slot on them for ROM updates/reinstalls.

SimoneGiraldi

Trophies
XP
Hello to eveybody :)

I want to create an arcade cabinet based on wii console, with an arcade joystick maded with a gc joypad board. But i have a big problem now: the analog stick! I can't connect to the analog to the switch-based arcade stick!

The question is: can i play Quadforce games with digital cross???? Anyone can make a test or post a solution? Very very very thanks and sorry for my bad english!

Last edited by SimoneGiraldi,

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello to eveybody :)

I want to create an arcade cabinet based on wii console, with an arcade joystick maded with a gc joypad board. But i have a big problem now: the analog stick! I can't connect to the analog to the switch-based arcade stick!

The question is: can i play Quadforce games with digital cross???? Anyone can make a test or post a solution? Very very very thanks and sorry for my bad english!
nintendont can play the triforce games without chaging a lot of things :x

about the controller hmm I think you will need to make a big mod there , or use an steering wheel controller for the race games? õ3o

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it seems the iso's can no longer be found from the one site that had them.
is there any way to convert MAME bin files to an iso that will work on nintendont?
mostly looking for MKGP, MKGP2, and FZEROAX

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it seems the iso's can no longer be found from the one site that had them.
is there any way to convert MAME bin files to an iso that will work on nintendont?
mostly looking for MKGP, MKGP2, and FZEROAX
They are still there, Just the original links are gone so they were reuploaded all in 1 big pack. Even when you did find it, it is still missing gekitou pro yakuu baseball since that is the most recent triforce game to be playable thanks to fix94.

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are still there, Just the original links are gone so they were reuploaded all in 1 big pack. Even when you did find it, it is still missing gekitou pro yakuu baseball since that is the most recent triforce game to be playable thanks to fix94.

Oh. What are some good search terms to look for? "Triforce"?

EDIT: found them. For anyone else looking, search their forums for "In search of Mario Kart GP + other Triforce games"

Last edited by N64,

Catalyst_black

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my games having trouble saving. I managed to download the saves that JonnyTanna uploaded, but I have no idea where to drop. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Games run awesomely aside from the saving issue.

Deleted member 328313

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated the OP to make the mention of Nintendont more prevalent.

Hmm. Does Nintendont allow of saving games like Quadforce?

The ISOs will be "In Paradise" soon. (;

Glad to hear they shall live a happy life! The last time they tried someone tried to saw them to pieces! Those poor little guys never stood a chance. Blood and guts everywhere.

Last edited by Deleted member 328313,

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. Does Nintendont allow of saving games like Quadforce?

Glad to hear they shall live a happy life! The last time they tried someone tried to saw them to pieces! Those poor little guys never stood a chance. Blood and guts everywhere.
My bad for not replying to your response from before but glad that you found them.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Updated the OP to make the mention of Nintendont more prevalent.

Nice. I assuming it will be all the original triforce games plus the recent gekitou pro yakuu baseball triforce game as well.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My bad for not replying to your response from before but glad that you found them.
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
Nice. I assuming it will be all the original triforce games plus the recent gekitou pro yakuu baseball triforce game as well.

No, just the first 5 covered by the original post, I wasn't able to attain the Baseball one, personally.
Most people only care about Mario Kart and FZero anyway.

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whats the deal with Mario Kart GP DX? it seems it hasn't been dumped yet? I know it likely won't work on triforce because its a different architecture (HD graphics and all)... but I'd still like to play it

vincenzino

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a problem with virtual striker 4 I just select team and then crash I have tried with nitendol and usb loader fzero just works..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    C @ CommanderCool: Any good places mirroring Sea of Harkinian lately besides their shitty discord?