1. jarryd2nd

jarryd2nd Member
    Newcomer

mine works fine through dios booster but everything resets when i try to run it through abz masterpiece on wiiflow doesn't work then i have to reinstall quadforce to be able to play it through dios booster again. anyone have any ideas to fix also are these games multiplayer compatible?

2. captaincrump

captaincrump Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Is there a way to autoboot directly into a Quadforce game?

I have Priiloader autobooting the Dios-Mios loader, but then a game has to be selected using the Gamecube d-pad.

I got Quadforce working well, but I want to take it one step further. I've got a driving arcade game and want to control the Mario Kart Arcade games with the the driving cabinet's controls. I can hack something together for that, but what I'd really like to figure out is how to autoboot directly into one of the Mario Kart games, since the d-pad won't be hacked into the arcade controls which only covers the 5 controls needed for these games (Steering Wheel pot being Analogue Stick Left/Right, Left Pedal pot being L, Right Pedal pot being R, and two digital buttons being A and B.) Priiloader wants a .dol file for autobooting. Is it possible to make a dol file that launches one of these games, similar to how the menu items from the attached wad files work?

3. CheatFreak47

OP CheatFreak47 Catgirl Expert

United States
    <snip: see next post>
    EDIT: I think DMbooter has an autoboot feature.

4. CheatFreak47

United States

Edit-- looked into it, DMbooter has an autoboot function you can define in it's config file on the SD Card at SD:/dm_booter/config.ini
    [​IMG]
    I assume it works like this- though- this is just a guess.
    GAMEID is the id6 of the gcn/qf game you wanna boot

5. captaincrump

captaincrump Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Do you know which version of DMbooter that is? I'm on r30 and don't see that as an option in the config.ini. When I added it, nothing happened. I did notice on the release notes for r30 that it states autobooting was fixed, but I don't see any documentation on utilizing it. It doesn't show up an option in DMBooter when pressing B, either.

6. captaincrump

captaincrump Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I figured it out!

I can now autoboot either of the Mario Kart Arcade games. So now I can install this in an arcade driving cabinet and not have to worry about extraneous controls for selecting a game from the menu.

I don't know if this is useful for anyone else, but it wasn't well-documented as far as I could tell, so I'll share how I did it:

I followed the directions in post #6 here, skipping the CustomizeMii step, since I only wanted a dol file:
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-g...ection-for-system-menu-backup-loaders.325003/

Note that the source that downloaded was the latest which is r30.

However, using those directions alone wasn't enough. I did make the changes to defines.h, but when I booted the compiled dol file, it just went to the game selection screen and had the last game selected (i.e. didn't autoboot, but it was doing something different since it had the last game selected rather than the boot disc option at the top). I then I took a look at the MainMenu.cpp. I experimented with a few things, but I think what did it was setting the AutobootTimeout to 10 (line 52) instead of the default 0. Not sure why that fixed it, but I created a dol and xml file for the 2 Mario Karts to make a HBC menu item for each to test them, and they each boot directly into the game. Then in PriiLoader I installed one of the dols as the installed app that it autoboots into, and now when I power on the Wii, I get Mario Kart Arcade GP2 automatically starting!

MassiveRican likes this.
  7. Emcee Razor

Emcee Razor Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Whenever I try to save on mario kart arcade gp or gp 2 it always freezes, any idea why?

8. N7Kopper

N7Kopper Proud lover of a three-inch girlfriend

United Kingdom
    If you're quitting the game, just give it a few seconds then turn off the Wii - it'll be fine.

9. MassiveRican

MassiveRican GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante

If IRC I don't believe u can save in Mario Kart GP, I could be mistaken though. Anybody wanna confirm?

10. CheatFreak47

United States
    No, that's not correct, I can save just fine. I'm certain of that for GP2, not as certain for the original GP.

MassiveRican likes this.
  11. returnofmastercrazyhand

Newcomer

United States
    how can I save my data to a GCN memory card?
    EDIT: figured out the green screen issue, but not the memory card issue

12. sgrant1758

sgrant1758 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    How about file formats? Are ISOs the only compatible files with this emulator? If so, I have .bin files. How should I go about converting them to ISOs if need be?

13. cdd123

cdd123 Newbie
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    returnofmastercrazyhand:

I am having that same green screen issue as you did. Could you tell me how to resolve it? Many thanks mate

14. anthonyplep

anthonyplep (´ε` )

United States
    Anyone know where the MK GP Card save files are located?

Edit: Nevermind, seemed to have found it

15. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Where?

16. CheatFreak47

United States
    It saves to the device your game is on, not to a cube memory card.

cvskid likes this.
  17. Ad1975

Ad1975 Newbie
    Newcomer

Hi there all,

Finally got this up and running thanks for the guide, VS4 is special, i love it. Question i wanted to ask was could this run Virtua Striker 4? Not the version 2006, the original? Could it run the arcade Iso of VS 3?

Cheers

18. gburgue

gburgue GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    I think the answer to all your questions is no. As the OP says, QuadForce is an custom MIOS that allows you to play some Triforce Arcade games. IIRC the arcade versions that you want to play were not made for the Triforce board.
    Nevertheless, you can still try on Wii the Gamecube port of VS 3 titled "Virtua Striker 3 Ver. 2002", but not through QF ;)

19. cxerophim

cxerophim Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'd really love to give these games a shot, but it says very clearly you need a GameCube controller; since my Wii is a newer black model and doesn't have GameCube ports I wouldn't be able to play these games would I? Or is it possible to configure it somehow to use the classic controller? I don't see why that would be an issue, as none of the game controls I read isn't on the classic controller also unless it has something to do with how the GC controller takes priority, can someone explain that for me? Thanks in advance.

20. MassiveRican

MassiveRican GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante

Check out the Nintendont thread. It allows u to play Quadforce & GC games on newer black Wii's and and Wii U.

Adeka likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - QuadForce, Triforce, playing