1. truelovetat

truelovetat Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    This is an excellent Triforce/Quadforce guide. I am very active with Quadforce. I use a "32G Sandisk Ultra 30MB/s class 10" card. It runs MKGP1 and 2 really good. Next to no framerate drops. By being a picky person and notice the slightest, I still do see a slight quick jidder while racing. It's mainly in the background. Anyways I was going to pick up a better card that has a 45MB/s transfer rate. I wonder if that would help?

CheatFreak47 and MassiveRican like this.
  2. kmksoulja

kmksoulja Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I would just like to know how I can change characters or even edit my Name on my virtual mario card in Mario Kart GP1

3. MassiveRican

MassiveRican GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante

Honestly I don't know if a higher transfer rate helps I'm inclined towards no, but I'm optimistic. If u can return the item if u see no improvement then u got nothing to lose.

4. truelovetat

truelovetat Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    LOL @ my spelling mistake. /\/\
    I ended up picking up a better transfer rate SD card. "32G Sandisk Extreme 45MB/s class 10" Set me back 60 bucks too. I'll post and see how this thing runs the triforce games. I mainly just want to run MKGP 1 and 2 flawless. Has anyone got these two games to run with no jidder or framerate drops? I feel I'm super picky about this but it would be nice to have the games run the best they can. I hate the fact that there is a chance they could run better. lol

5. MassiveRican

MassiveRican GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante

I believe Crediar himself said it wasn't just because of transfer rates that there was judder, so no I don't believe anyone has got it running flawless AFAIK.

6. kmksoulja

kmksoulja Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Does anybody actually play mario kart gp? if so you must have had the same question as i have. "is it possible to change player info (Name and character) after creating a mario card?"

7. SurlyBurly

SurlyBurly Newbie
    Newcomer

United States

Thanks... figured as much since i could only find information on loading them both from sd or hdd... just figured id ask since i didnt actually see anything that said it wasnt possible either though...

its not too big of a hassle switching back and forth...

i personally keep all three mios wads (original mios, dios mios, and triforce) on the sd card i load my homebrew apps from. anytime a switch is necessary, u just load any app that can install wads, i personally use yawmm and wii mod, and install the mios wad u need... when u install the new mios it will overwrite and delete the old one, BUT NEVER uninstall the old mios then install new one... not sure why and never tried, but it seems to be general consensus around here that its not good...

there are plenty of good guides around here that can give u much better instructions than that, but i dont have the links handy, so a quick search will get you any information that i didnt cover...

8. nonosto

nonosto Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    dear friends

I try to install quadforce on my emunand (UNEEK+DI), I check header from iso and install quadforce 4.0.wad for SD, in apps folder dios mios booter but doesnot work, I have Dios mios logo after green screen and freeze. For channeel wad I have error message.

My SD card is formatting in FAT 32 64 kb clusters.

Could you help me please?
    Thanks

9. CheatFreak47

OP CheatFreak47 Catgirl Expert

United States
    EmuNAND QuadForce is buggy based on all the various reports i've seen here on gbatemp. I recommend using NAND with this. If you already have Dios Mios running on UNEEK, then just use this as your real nand mios, and load GCN iso's through UNEEK.

10. nonosto

nonosto Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    Thank you

But UNEEK DI can use my SD card FAT 32 64kb with dios mios?

11. CheatFreak47

United States
    I dunno dude, I don't mess with SNEEK, UNEEK, or neek2o. I use real nand and D2X EmuNAND for all my needs.

12. nonosto

nonosto Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    Thanks you

I saw my SD cards is a class 4, maybe it 's not enouhgt for UNEEK, with real nand run but loading and sometimes in games is slowly. I think change for a class 10.

13. yummm pizza

yummm pizza Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Woah I'm drooling all over this! Haha

CheatFreak47 likes this.
  14. Luigis_butler

Luigis_butler Newbie
    Newcomer

First of all a big thanks to the guys here and across the internet that have made it possible for a newb like me to play these games on the Wii. I'm not really one for modding but I really wanted to play these games on a home console.
    I've managed to install the software needed and I can boot the games from the DIOS-MIOS booter in the homebrew channel but what I really want to do is be able to boot the games directly from the main Wii home channel select screen. I can install the specific game channel idents using WAD manager but I'm having difficulty linking the channel to the iso file if that makes sense? When I click on the channel it just gives me an error message. I'm sure this is really easy to solve and it's just my complete lack of experience that is at the heart of the problem, so any help with solving this problem will be very gratefully appreciated. Thanks in advance.

CheatFreak47 likes this.
  15. CheatFreak47

United States
    So I noticed that the tutorials for Dios Mios on here aren't particularly detailed. So I think i'll begin work on a Dios Mios/ Dios Mios Lite Tutorial in the same format/style as my QuadForce one. So watch out for that one in the near future.

-edit; unforeseen events have put a delay on this, unfortunately-

yummm pizza and MassiveRican like this.
  16. yummm pizza

yummm pizza Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Do you think you can let us know here when its up and ready? :)

17. CheatFreak47

United States
    i'll let you know. There's quite a bit more ground to cover with DM/DML so it might be a few weeks. Im working on it in my spare time.

MassiveRican likes this.
  18. Blazingflare

Blazingflare GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I was wondering if any of you could help me. I am having some trouble getting the gecko codes to work with F-Zero AX. I am loading the games off of an external hard drive right now. I placed the kenobigc.bin file in the sneek folder on my SD card, but I don't know where to place the GFZJ8P.gct file.
    I tried placing it in the codes folder on my SD card, the Codes folder on my Hard Drive, and inside the folder the Z-Zero AX ISO is in to no avail. I couldn't get it to work with either USB Loader GX or with the Dios Mios Loader.
    What am I doing wrong?

19. CheatFreak47

United States
    Did you enable Ocarina/CheatCodes in your loader?

20. Blazingflare

Blazingflare GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I actually got it to work once I swapped the game to one of my SD cards. I don't know why it wouldn't work on the USB.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - QuadForce, Triforce, playing