1. B.B.Link

B.B.Link GBAtemp Regular

United States

Try postloader. It loads both GC and QF games easily by loading the appropriate plugin in the postloader plugin folder. No need for emunand.

2. CheatFreak47

OP CheatFreak47 Catgirl Expert

United States
    By using text colors I can read without highlighting, AND by using quadforce and not Dios Mios. LOL.

MassiveRican likes this.
  3. blaisedinsd

blaisedinsd GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    So am I understanding right that installing this breaks gamecube support completely? Retail Discs won't work, Dios Mios wont' USB load, Neogamma will not launch disc backups....Devolution would still work won't it?

I guess you have to just keep the wads handy on the SD card and install them based on what you want to play then.

4. CheatFreak47

United States
    That is correct.

5. drottning

drottning amateur wii hacker
    Newcomer

can you do this without dios mios?

6. blaisedinsd

blaisedinsd GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    This will overwrite dios mios. You can't do it with dios mios.

7. drottning

drottning amateur wii hacker
    Newcomer

okay i didn't know that, thank you!!!

8. 1bad966spdz

1bad966spdz Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    This is my first post here and I wanted to say thanks to the fellas here providing information needed to get Mario Kart Arcade gp 1 and 2 running.. I collect arcade games, The large cabinet kinds.. In my little boys room we have Hydrothunder, Mortal Kombat 3 and most recent to our collection Area 51.. I also have a beautiful Ms. Pacman that is almost perfect that I fully restored-9 hours of hand painting to be exact- Raiden and a 60 in 1 cabinet that stays in the breakfast area of my house. Well after doing some research I realized that the Area 51 arcade game was a modded Jaguar from years ago running it..I have done all sorts of modding starting my my little boys psp's and eboots. To his wii that has a 2 TB harddrive with 475 games on it..To a 3.55 ps3 300 gb internal with 1 tb external with about 75 games on it at this time..Most of my gaming came from years of pc gaming and learning how to make games work that shouldn't or cracking pc games in general.. So I thought of the two games that I wanted to add to my collection Arcade games that I knew that I couldn't get at any time soon.. Mario Kart Arcade GP and Dirty Drivin'. Well so much for the Dirty Drivin' game for now.. But the Mario game was released a few years back and made me think of the possibilities of it being a modded system of some sort.. Well from that thought pretty much got me to a few youtube videos with Dolphin running MKAGP. I'm use to Dolphinand played Double Dash that way for the first time actually years ago.. And thought that if dolphin could run it then possibly a soft modded wii could as well..And from that thought got me to you guys.. I really appreciate all the work that has been put into and posted here.. Helped me a lot.. The biggest problem I had was getting a good dump of the iso's.. Downloaded MK 1 and 2 and F zero and all were in bin format and when converted to iso would not open or be usable.. I even tried a few different converters to make sure that was not the problem.. Eventually I gave in and said it had to be the bin downloads themselves.. Found some more and all has been great from there.. I install the triforce / Mario kart wad for shortcut.. I figured it was just that and didn't matter not being of quadforce status.. Booted fine.. Just need to do some homework on how to save my games , considering I sat down from beginning to end and beat MK GP1 and have nothing to show for it.. Pretty good game.. The rainbow track after the third race was pretty cool..
    I know I wrote a lot .. and sorry for that.. I'll keep them shorter from here on out.. Again, thanks for taking the time to post here and the tutorial.. It is appreciated.. Now off to Mario Kart GP 2 : 0)

MassiveRican and CheatFreak47 like this.
  9. CheatFreak47

United States

Glad I could be of help. That was the point of this tutorial/guide. Oh, and you're gonna love MKAGP2, it's much better than the original.

10. hunter26

hunter26 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hi everyone! I have problem with quadforce 4.1 for USB only. The 4 games (Mario Kart GP 1 and 2, F-zero AX and virtua striker 4)works great on my SD FAT32 32k with quadforce 4.0 for SD. I tried to do the samething on my hard drive and only Mario Kart GP 2 work. I got a black screen for the 3 others. This result happens with my usb loader gx 1215 and wiiflow too. I really don't know what is wrong.

11. 1bad966spdz

1bad966spdz Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Any way to make Mario Kart A GP2 run a little more fluidly? 1 seemed to run a little better..It's on the sd card itself and not from an external, which not sure is possible anyhow, but thought for speed reasons sd card might would be better.. Also one of the fellas that I get arcade games from just had a F zero ax. It was my first time seeing one.. The seat moved around while playing it..Seemed pretty cool.. He text me and asked was I interested in it.. I did learn that there were two version of the arcade game.. an AX and I believe a GX as well..But that one game was actually embedded into the other and could be brought out of it if you wanted.. About like Ms. Pacman is actually Pac man still and can be turned back into it easily off all original arcade boards..
    So how do I stop the games from running them.. I read it somewhere by some specific button combination on the game cube controller or is it by just resetting the wii?

12. 1bad966spdz

1bad966spdz Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Oh, if yall are into modding ps3's there is a fairly cool coverflow system that is called Cceanus that works with Showtime in multiman.. I really thought that wiiflow looked really nice when I first got into wii modding and was a great way to show off the system itself.. But in my opinion I learned that USB Loader GX was a lot more stable for every game that I ran.But I still have wiiflow installed on my wii.. The coolest thing about Oceanus is that it does coverflow not for just movies on the harddrive or streaming from your network somewhere, but is also the exact same way for youtube.. That helps my 6 year old to find all of his minecraft videos that he is looking for.Runs very fluidly..
    I have every NES game in N America on my wii and had a pretty nice but simple coverflow system for it. It was updated about a year ago and couldn't find another one for me to install with it since the update.Been away from the wii modding scene for a while.. Any ideas for the NES system?

13. SurlyBurly

SurlyBurly Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Got all 4 games up and running a few months back... Would just like to give a belated thanks for the guide...

Also, thanks to Cyan... Your knack for simplifying things perfectly for me has no equal... Dozens of new mod projects I research usually result in me using your less elaborate, but much more succinct posts as my guide in lieu of the original guide/tutorial... :bow:

On to my reason for posting..

I am currently researching how to make multigame disk backups, but haven't made any as of yet ... I went through my backed up games on my pc when I came across the folder with the 4 quadforce game files in it... Instantly I thought they would be perfect to combine on one disk, and they will fit, too!...

I re-read this thread wondering if it was even possible... Don't see any mention of disk backups... I use USB Loader GX to play the quadforce games - from what I have read USB Loader GX can run multi-game disk backups - so I don't see why I couldn't have the quadforce game backups on one disk....

Could just be wishful thinking, but does anyone know with any certainty if I can do it??? My wii mod knowledge is limited, so not sure what if any kinks in the way... All I see is that Quadforce x.x-4.0 is SD card and Quadforce 4.1 is USB.... That's just for MIOS install though, right??...

Any light shed on this is much appreciated... Going to continue my reading on multi-game disks and getting a simpler group of games up and running while I await responses...

Cyan likes this.
  14. CheatFreak47

United States

The answer would be no, there is no other method for playing these. SD or USB only. These aren't GCN games, they are Triforce games.

15. kmanikas13

kmanikas13 Newbie
    Newcomer

Cyprus
    can we play these games on Wiiu via vwii or something else ??

16. CheatFreak47

United States
    No. Wii Only.

17. CheatFreak47

United States
    OP updated. Now has an FAQ and another logo I made because I was working on a Nintendont one in a similar style.

18. kmanikas13

kmanikas13 Newbie
    Newcomer

Cyprus
    If I use non official gamecube controller can I play triforce games?

19. Alex Reality

Alex Reality Newbie
    Newcomer

Greece
    Hello every1, I am buying a Wii just for Virtua Striker 4, I know,...I bought a GC just for Virtua Striker 3 anyway :)

Sorry for sounding like a total noob, i understand that we lose GC compatibility once quadforce is installed, and that you can get it back by reinstalling DIOS MIOS. Will everything be the same again, meaning, will I still be able to use my GC disks properly on the console once reinstalling MIOS, exactly like before, or do i have to keep a certain backup of a certain file (like the unique keys in xbox for example). It sounds a little messy too, is there a quick tutorial on how to quickly and safely change between GC and Triforce modes, sort to speak... If i can have just Virtua Striker 3 and 4 on a machine, i'd be really happy.

20. kmanikas13
    This message by kmanikas13 has been removed from public view by Cyan, Sep 4, 2013, Reason: sorry, english only..
    Sep 4, 2013 Show
  21. kmanikas13

kmanikas13 Newbie
    Newcomer

Cyprus
    I have a problem with controlls of virtual striker 4 specifically with direction buttons , i cillibrate them but i have a problem. only with that game . Any solutions ??

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - QuadForce, Triforce, playing