Hacking quadforce 2.0 freeze on fzero AX modeselect

naxil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
HEllo. I have try the amazing quadforce 2.0.
I have my sd on 64kb cluster (mariokart GP1 run perfect).
My problem is fzero AX (415,3mb):

Games start, rolling demo works fine ecc...

After i press start the games Freeze on modeselection

help?

naxil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
people! i have talk with crediar. him not have that problem, the only way to fix it is USBGECKO log! please if some people on this thread HAVE usbgecko: POST THE LOG ON FREEZE!

AndehX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cool, theres a dedicated thread on this issue. It's definitely something that needs to be addressed as it seems to be pretty common. My guess is it has something to do with the SD card you use. I have tried all sorts, from different SD formatting options, to installing updated IOS's, to installing different loaders. Nothing seems to work. The only thing I have not tried yet, is a different SD card (I have none lying around)

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
tryed many things.. different sd cards, copies of the iso, different filesystems, set breakpoints when the game freezes, but no success..
well, to all of you who have the freezing problem. do you have a wii produced in 2010 or later (like the black one)?
maybe there is some kind of incompatibility of quadforce with new wiis or the firmware..

AndehX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder if all the people who have the game running, are using 4.3...

I would update to 4.3, but I'm not entirely sure how, without messing up my softmod

AndehX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Please don't mess with your systems until a solution is found.
Hi Crediar, thanks for the reply mate. I'm not willing to start installing different system menu's right now, as i'm sure you're well aware of the issue by now. I'm desperate to give this game a try though, being a die hard GX fan, I never got a chance to play AX in the arcades.

If you do manage to solve this issue though, I'm more than willing to chip in with a donation. You'll have given me access to a game I thought I'd never get to play.

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
i found out something.. the game seems to run a bit more stable when breakpoints are set with wiirdgui.
no matter what address i use. the game never freezes instantly in the menu. just after a mode has been selected. and the game loads the course selection the game freezes.
when the game freeze has occured, wiirdgui shows me the registers and so on. when i press the Run-button, the game doesn't back up running. only the beep-sound changes.
could this information be helpful in some way?

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it doesn't. that just means that you've hooked the exception handler and that when you try to run again it's crashed. so it won't restart due to the DSI. the crash is due to corruption of an allocated chunk's header. (the 0x20 bytes before the actual data) being modified and causing a data write exception on free()

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots