JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I meant in my case, not in general. However, the Windows version look nothing like that. I have no list of games, I can't use WiiTDB or covers, and the GUI in general is quite boring (at least compared to the screenshot you gave, otherwise it's great).

It looks nice, but in my case I'll have to stick with WIT and WiiScrubber.

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
I had planned single file replacement. But it is an immense effort to implement. And I'm very happy with extracting, replacing+modifying and recreation, because the middle step (replacing+modifying) can be done with any tool/script.

For my Custom Mario Kart I do the following.
  1. I have extracted the MKW DVD once. It is a read only copy.
  2. For a new disc I have implemented a script:
    1. Make a copy of the already extracted dvd with hard links. This takes not a second
    2. Replace and patch file. because of the hard links, the script must remove old files before changing. But that's not a problem, because Unix cp (copy) and also my tools support delete-before-creation.
    3. Create the new disc and store the new image on my wbfs drive. I use wwt to built the disc and store it in one step on my WBFS drive.
    The whole creation process needs only 40-45 seconds on my modern linux pc.

nunavat2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Extracting/Replacing? What are you guys talking about? Taking a disc from WBFS partition and patching? I thought when you rip game DVDs on Wii using a loader/clean rip, it does everything that I don't know (fake sign TMD or what not).

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was thinking about a similar route using wfuse...
mount a game to a mountpoint
create a copy of the game in /tmp using symlinks for all the files
symlink the files to be replaced to the replacement files
use wit/wwt to compose this new game
delete the game from /tmp

it wouldnt work out on windows, but i can live with it

@nunavat
we are talking about replacing single files ala wiiscrubber. there arent any tools floating around that allow that type of thing for games in .wbfs format. only .iso and complete extracted games.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Where does it say how to extract and replace/compile files with this program? I can't find it.
You can't. That was what we were just discussing. The Windows version is especially limited. You can't do much except browse the contents of an image and change the disc info. This is one of the few times I wish I had Linux.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then can at least someone tell me why using the partition 1:1 line in CFG doesn't rip SSBB? Heck, I don't even know why it won't rip the game for me; I waited 30 minutes but to no avail. Usb Loader GX isn't any better since I can't force it to properly dump RSBE01.iso. Every dump I made for the image resulted in having the incorrect partition sizes.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Then can at least someone tell me why using the partition 1:1 line in CFG doesn't rip SSBB? Heck, I don't even know why it won't rip the game for me; I waited 30 minutes but to no avail.
You have to have NTFS.

If you want to browse/replace/extract files, just convert your wbfs files (I assume that is what you have now) into an ISO and open it with WiiScrubber.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then can at least someone tell me why using the partition 1:1 line in CFG doesn't rip SSBB? Heck, I don't even know why it won't rip the game for me; I waited 30 minutes but to no avail.
You have to have NTFS.

If you want to browse/replace/extract files, just convert your wbfs files (I assume that is what you have now) into an ISO and open it with WiiScrubber.

I thought NTFS didn't like homebrew apps and didn't work with other programs. And I thought WiiScrubber was considered an obsolete method. Is there no other way of replacing multiple files all in one fell swoop without it telling me that the "partition1.bin is too big"? I also tried replacing the files one by one, yes, but then it told me the ISO image I was editing didn't have the room. It seems I can't add music/textures without it screwing me over. I might use bittorrent and get the image from somewhere else. I shouldn't have to reformat my HDD just to create an NTFS partition. (If I did that, I don't want to get caught)

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
You have to have NTFS.

I thought NTFS didn't like homebrew apps and didn't work with other programs. And I thought WiiScrubber was considered an obsolete method. Is there no other way of replacing multiple files all in one fell swoop without it telling me that the "partition1.bin is too big"? I also tried replacing the files one by one, yes, but then it told me the ISO image I was editing didn't have the room. It seems I can't add music/textures without it screwing me over. I might use bittorrent and get the image from somewhere else. I shouldn't have to reformat my HDD just to create an NTFS partition. (If I did that, I don't want to get caught)
FAT32 has better compatibility, but you can't store an ISO on there since it has a 4GB file limit. Converting wbfs files will work fine.

WiiScrubber will be obsolete when there is a better GUI program that will let you extract/replace files from an ISO.

Did you try to resize the partition before replacing it?

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiScrubber will be obsolete when there is a better GUI program that will let you extract/replace files from an ISO.
wfuse is already a kickass tool that covers the extracting. you can use whatever filebrowser or native tool you want to extract the files. it's really the replacing that is lacking.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to have NTFS.

FAT32 has better compatibility, but you can't store an ISO on there since it has a 4GB file limit. Converting wbfs files will work fine.

Did you try to resize the partition before replacing it?

How do you resize the partition? The one PartitionMaker came up with was the same size as the game. That's not right. How do I make it not give the "too big" error?

wfuse is already a kickass tool that covers the extracting. you can use whatever filebrowser or native tool you want to extract the files. it's really the replacing that is lacking.

Is NTFS the ONLY way I can successfully replace the files or what? As you can see, this is frustrating and is pissing me off.

Is there no way to extract AND replace?

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sounds like it would be a lot easier for you to use SNEEK. It uses FAT and the game files are already extracted from the disc so you can just drag & drop to replace them with others.

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after replacing files for extracted games, you still need to update the fst and/or the data at the end of the boot.bin to reflect the changes

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after replacing files for extracted games, you still need to update the fst and/or the data at the end of the boot.bin to reflect the changes

I believe I found something, hope this works - https://sites.google...older-structure

Edit - Yeah, it's extracting, the bloody thing is extracting. Why didn't anyone make a link to this DiscEx program? Now, to find a way to get it working with SNEEK....

Edit 2 - 9:39PM: Found a nice guide on getting the file structure set up, blah-blah, how do Gecko codes work with these games (i.e. size/attack modifiers)?

Do you HAVE to run the game off of emulated NAND?

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes in that format run the game from emulated nand, or use qtwitgui to make an iso and then burn and play , you can do alot.

whats up here ? seems wierd to me.
wiiscrubber, truchasignor, wiibackupmanger, discex, have all left me with qtwitgui as a favorite.
qtwitgui uses wit for wii and gamecube , it downloads many styles covers , converts games to any format..that i have wanted to play with.....on any ntfs/fat or wbfs HDD

never have i wanted to just mod ONE file in an iso,.... so extracting the whole game and then rebuilding always made more sense to me.
wiiscrubber and partition builder would piss me off with all the errors and broken iso's....qtwitgui can load a folder of games and show log of the broken game, i like this feature also.

qtwitgui is great for this !

-first grab whatever format of game you want to modify(qtwitgui coverts formats so easy)
-then dump the files to sneek format (if it isnt already)
-swap out files with drag and drop
-use fst creator to tell the 'game gods' what files where changed (not sure if i have to but i do this everytime too)
-use qtwitgui to compile the modified game into an iso, or split wbfs....etc
or leave it in sneek format and just update with fstcreator after everytime you mod something,
then when your mods are complete you can just use qtwitgui to put the game to anyformat required.

im lacking in PC skills so i have aids...like this:
gadgets4sneek is where to get fstcreator (clickhere)

this is the contents of a fstcreator.bat (we double click) on the root of the usb drive for constantly modding new super mario bro's wii
Code:
@echo off
.\fstcreator.exe .\games\SMNE01\files\ .\games\SMNE01\sys\fst.bin .\games\SMNE01\sys\boot.bin
pause

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU