OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
click.linksynergy.com
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to know if the CycloDS firmware would work on the M3real. I just ask this just in case the M3real ever turns into the R4 so I could continue to update my firmware and not have to buy another card for a while, thanks!

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
No, the CycloDS firmware won't work on the M3 Real. Nor will any other firmware, for that matter. The only firmwares that work on it are TouchPod and M3 Sakura. iTouchDS can be hacked to work on it as well, but that's only because the hardware inside the two cards are practically identical.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
actually, it's perfectly possible.
it just takes so much effort, and requires half the firmware to be rewritten in order to work properly.

a similar trick has been done before, tough incomplete.(remember m3sakura dldi version? the unofficial one, not the beta version)

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
thedicemaster said:
actually, it's perfectly possible.
it just takes so much effort, and requires half the firmware to be rewritten in order to work properly.

a similar trick has been done before, tough incomplete.(remember m3sakura dldi version? the unofficial one, not the beta version)
That's what I meant
happy.gif

I was just going under the assumption that no one is willing to take the time to rewrite the code from scratch just to get it to work on another flashcart. There would also be legal issues. I'm sure Team Cyclops would be pissed off if someone released their firmware for another, cheaper flashcart from a competing company.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.