Hacking QQ3DS, K3DS and R5 aren't clone of Sky3ds

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,876
  • Replies 20
D

Deleted User

OP
"Clarify:Recently someone just bought our SKY3DS cards and rebranded them with other sticker and package(like Like QQ3DS,K3DS,R5SDHC...It's not even a clone...It's not even a clone), we are cutting off those supply sources to avoid any confusion to our end users."
http://www.sky3ds.com

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Clarify:Recently someone just bought our SKY3DS cards and rebranded them with other sticker and package(like Like QQ3DS,K3DS,R5SDHC...It's not even a clone...It's not even a clone), we are cutting off those supply sources to avoid any confusion to our end users."
http://www.sky3ds.com

If they're buying from the SKY3DS team like you say, that just makes me curious about the overhead and supplier's cost if they can rebrand them and resell them for competitive prices.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This doesn't make any sense, cutoff supplies? Not a clone? If you're cutting off supplies than its true that they are clones.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i dont see why its so hard for people to understand....they are not clones.....they are the exact same hardware....basically imagine im a burger maker, and i make these nice burgers, now i cba dealing with 101 resellers and shipping/distribution, so i just say "who wants to sell mah burgers"....McDonald's come up and says "oh, yeah we will buy them" for $20 each....im happy, i get to sell 10,000 burgers all in one go, yeah they get a nice markup, but i dont have to deal with all that side of stuff.......now someone else approaches me and says "ppppsttt, im the burger king3ds i know your selling them to McDonald's, for $20 each.....but if you have any spare left over after you fill the order, i will buy whats left for $17 each.....so i think....hmmm well i have the parts to make 12,000 and McDonald's only want 10,000........hmmm ok ill just sell the extra 2,000 to these guys, still only costing me $10 to make, so still good money.....and thus there is 2,000 none clone, but re-branded products on the market, and McDonald's aren't happy as they are selling for less than they are for the exact same product...QQ

if anything, admitting they aren't clones is worse, as it simply lets people know its the same hardware, if they where clever they would of just said "oooh its a poor quality clone that will certainly break after a few weeks"

Truth is, it could just as easily be the same team, wanting to make it seem like there is choice....they know some people don't like the sky3ds brand, and make a alternative for people who refuse to buy a sky3ds card due to all the 10 game limit stuff they tried to pull,....nobody really knows, but from the PCB shots, it appears to be the exact same card, with the exact same features

Reactions: Ralph1611 and cearp

JustPingo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If they're just buying and rebranding official Sky cards, why does Sky3DS even care? Heck, they probably order more than they sell so not only is Sky getting more money from it, they might even be getting more money than the cloners because of the cloners!

Sky3DS isn't the manufacturer (the hamburger maker in the example). It's a third-party company I guess.

StarPlatinum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i dont see why its so hard for people to understand....they are not clones.....they are the exact same hardware....basically imagine im a burger maker, and i make these nice burgers, now i cba dealing with 101 resellers and shipping/distribution, so i just say "who wants to sell mah burgers"....McDonald's come up and says "oh, yeah we will buy them" for $20 each....im happy, i get to sell 10,000 burgers all in one go, yeah they get a nice markup, but i dont have to deal with all that side of stuff.......now someone else approaches me and says "ppppsttt, im the burger king3ds i know your selling them to McDonald's, for $20 each.....but if you have any spare left over after you fill the order, i will buy whats left for $17 each.....so i think....hmmm well i have the parts to make 12,000 and McDonald's only want 10,000........hmmm ok ill just sell the extra 2,000 to these guys, still only costing me $10 to make, so still good money.....and thus there is 2,000 none clone, but re-branded products on the market, and McDonald's aren't happy as they are selling for less than they are for the exact same product...QQ

if anything, admitting they aren't clones is worse, as it simply lets people know its the same hardware, if they where clever they would of just said "oooh its a poor quality clone that will certainly break after a few weeks"

Truth is, it could just as easily be the same team, wanting to make it seem like there is choice....they know some people don't like the sky3ds brand, and make a alternative for people who refuse to buy a sky3ds card due to all the 10 game limit stuff they tried to pull,....nobody really knows, but from the PCB shots, it appears to be the exact same card, with the exact same features

What a great logic.....your example made my head hurts.
What's happening is more like the Foxconn factory that produce the iPhone start selling it to competitor that slap a pear on the back instead of an apple and sell them in their store.
They can even lower the price since all the R&D, testing and Marketing cost are free for them, they never spent a dime.
This is why in legit sector something like this could never happen.
SInce we are dealing with shady shit instead this things happen, and law can't protect the work of the original developer.
Defending situation like this is like defending GW clones that have done nothing to the scene but hurting the income of the ones who have done the real work.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sound legit, but since sky3ds was first to release, then they are clones of sky3ds.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
What a great logic.....your example made my head hurts.
What's happening is more like the Foxconn factory that produce the iPhone start selling it to competitor that slap a pear on the back instead of an apple and sell them in their store.
They can even lower the price since all the R&D, testing and Marketing cost are free for them, they never spent a dime.
This is why in legit sector something like this could never happen.
SInce we are dealing with shady shit instead this things happen, and law can't protect the work of the original developer.
Defending situation like this is like defending GW clones that have done nothing to the scene but hurting the income of the ones who have done the real work.
im not saying is good or bad, im just saying, that just because there are cards that are the same doesn't make them clones i.e copied and produced by someone else......if sky3ds aren't happy with their manufacturer and feel they are having their product produced and sold without their permission they should of found a more trust worthy manufacturer.....yeah no honor among thieves and all that stuff, but even the underground factories have reputations, going to the guys that will just make it the cheapest, and your bound to run into midnight shift batches being made and sold to third parties, its all about mitigating risks....if they wanted to prevent this kind of stuff they could of had the cards made, moved else where and programmed and packaged, then it would be much less likely to be getting siphoned off as no one site has access to the design, parts and software, so if stock goes missing you can track it easier, and if the factory produces a extra batch of cards to resell to third parties, without the code to program to them they would be useless

but right from the very start there was rumors that sky3ds where just buying white label cards from a manufacturer, i.e they are not the maker, just a reseller of a white label product, that anyone else who buys them from the manufacturer has just as much right to sell

nobody really knows the real story behind it all, but one thing for sure, is if sky3ds are actually the real people behind the card, they did a terrible job protecting their interests as these "clones" where launched at exactly the same time as the supposed original product, its only QQ3DS that came out much later, K3DS, and R53DS where both launched at the exact same time as sky3ds

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sky3DS probably costs around 5 USD per unit to produce but they charge around 100 just because the only competitor does so as well and because people are willing to pay for it.

smasbros

Trophies
XP
Country
Usually, in people's minds , 1st announce release means original/genuine , the 2nd, 3rd, 4th... are clones/fakes. world is this...

mightywii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, they are not clones. I wonder what are clones then. :unsure:
Clones are a product of reverse-engineering, board layouts and components are (at least slightly) different. In this case, the carts are exactly the same, just re-branded. You'd be splitting hairs to make the distinction, but it does mean all those other carts are of the exact same quality as Sky3DS.

Reactions: netovsk

Pancakes

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clones are a product of reverse-engineering, board layouts and components are (at least slightly) different. In this case, the carts are exactly the same, just re-branded. You'd be splitting hairs to make the distinction, but it does mean all those other carts are of the exact same quality as Sky3DS.
I was being sarcastic. They are clones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night