Q: WHLC and BlackCats

HybridEntity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, 2 questions.

1. Has the fancy looking Wii Homebrew Launcher Channel, with the banner and sounds, been released yet? I appreciate Paradox's work but a genuine channel is for me.

2. With BlackCats, how often do they allow registration?

Thanks in advance.

GamerMichael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Blackcats wont be allowing registration again for a while..prob this halloween like they did last year. BlackCats system is veyr strange though. There credit and seed back system is unlike one ive ever seen before. If you want the best of the best join a newsgroup

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GamerMichael said:
If you want the best of the best join a newsgroup
cost money, and the free ones usually are really bad and arnt any better then public torrent sites

/is a happy BC member
smile.gif

GamerMichael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Joe88 said:
GamerMichael said:
If you want the best of the best join a newsgroup
cost money, and the free ones usually are really bad and arnt any better then public torrent sites

/is a happy BC member
smile.gif

newsgroups r cheap..i pay $30/month for everything...u get your my max download speed on any files, whether they're brand new or months old, and best of all there's no such things as a ratio and no seeding back
biggrin.gif

GamerMichael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fischju said:
Months old? Blackcats recently helped me get a 5 year old PS2 game.

it can be years to just everything is regularily reupload to the servers so technically many things are much more than years old.
wink.gif

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously none of you have heard of ISOHunt.com

It aggregates trackers, so you end up with more seeds than you would normally.

Private trackers and newsgroups are a joke when you have people releasing data on public trackers as soon as they get it.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
teq said:

Private trackers and newsgroups are a joke when you have people releasing data on public trackers as soon as they get it.
You're the joke here.

ps. BC registrations won't be opening any time soon afaik.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TaMs said:
You're the joke here.

Yeah, right... because I have free access to everything the rediculous private trackers and newsgroups have makes me the joke.

Anyone willing to pay money to steal is a hypocrite.

darkgoth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TaMs said:
teq said:

You're the joke here.

Funny that, I just got immediate membership to Blackcats ...
ph34r.gif

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
TaMs said:
You're the joke here.

Yeah, right... because I have free access to everything the rediculous private trackers and newsgroups have makes me the joke.

Seconded, you know nothing of private trackers (which are also free)

HybridEntity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
teq said:
Lol, good way to put it. I personally don't use Usenet.

I usually use Isohunt as my main torrent finder but I'm after a VC pack (number 2 to be specific) and the only seeders Isohunt could find were those on BlackCats. So I tried downloading it anyway and I got "Error: Register on BlackCats" hence the interest. Thanks to everyone who posted, looks like I won't be a member for a while...

Anything on the WHLC?

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
killplaystation said:
Seconded, you know nothing of private trackers (which are also free)

Uh, most of them are free.

Even then, the concept of private trackers is idiotic. You're going to segment your traffic in order to curtail leeching? Oh, that's really great... considering 99% of the data on private trackers comes from sources that get leeched, namely Newsgroups and IRC. Pot, kettle, black much?

It used to be that the time between when a release hit Newsgroups and IRC was epic, but now you see more and more releases going straight to BitTorrent. In this day and age, the majority of Newsgroups users do so out of habit, as BitTorrent is the superior distribution method.

And private trackers? The time between data reaching a public tracker from a private tracker is mere seconds if the torrent doesn't have DHT disabled. Real smart.

whatsa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BC is great if you want a specific console game from years ago, and speeds are good. The way they do things is a little weird though, their seed points system actively discourages seeding on less active torrents (reducing the availability of older games), and they didnt have invites last time I checked. Plus, they somehow think it's a good idea to censor thier forum for profanity.

++ on usenet though, if you have money to burn.

HybridEntity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WTH?? Why was my topic moved?? It was in the "Wii - Hacking" section for a reason. This topic is based on the "Wii" and its "hack"ed channels. WHLC stands for Wii Homebrew Launcher Channel and is of course in relation to the Wii.

I ask that this gets moved back since the ideal responder is unlikely to appear in the "General" section of the forum.

whatsa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Because most of the talk is about BT and usenet, which isn't wii hacking. And no, I don't believe marcan's channel has been released yet, if that's what you refer to in the first post.

HybridEntity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So because my topic gets hijacked I should suffer? Logic at its finest.

As for your second sentence; Thanks, thats what I'm after. Although I'm not sure if its Marcan's channel or not. Anyone able to second this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: