Hacking [Q] system transfer from 9.2 to 4.5 3ds

honyo29

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
both 3ds are old models, so both 3ds are able to have latest (9.9) emunand. the question is, will the system transfer successful? last time i read somewhere both 3ds have to be on the same sysnand version for this to work (but i couldn't find the source for this anymore).
can i do this through emunand only while keeping both 3ds original sysnand?
or should i downgrade the source 3ds (9.2) to 4.5 first? or upgrade the target 3ds (4.5) to 9.2 (i think the second option is harder).
or is this a lost cause because emunand to emunand transfer is no longer possible? no one talk about systrans anymore recently, all i can find is to how to manually transfer partial data from an emunand to another emunand (nnid and eshop purchase stay inside source device)

additional info (just in case):
- the source 3ds is old xl on 9.2 sysnand
- the target 3ds is old small on 4.5 sysnand
- i mainly use rxtools, but i have ds flashcart and gateway to use if have to use other cfw or downgrade.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
both 3ds are old models, so both 3ds are able to have latest (9.9) emunand. the question is, will the system transfer successful? last time i read somewhere both 3ds have to be on the same sysnand version for this to work (but i couldn't find the source for this anymore).
can i do this through emunand only while keeping both 3ds original sysnand?
or should i downgrade the source 3ds (9.2) to 4.5 first? or upgrade the target 3ds (4.5) to 9.2 (i think the second option is harder).
or is this a lost cause because emunand to emunand transfer is no longer possible? no one talk about systrans anymore recently, all i can find is to how to manually transfer partial data from an emunand to another emunand (nnid and eshop purchase stay inside source device)

additional info (just in case):
- the source 3ds is old xl on 9.2 sysnand
- the target 3ds is old small on 4.5 sysnand
- i mainly use rxtools, but i have ds flashcart and gateway to use if have to use other cfw or downgrade.
An emuNAND to emuNAND works fine, but both need to be on the same firmware version (this is so for all system transfers).

Update your target to 9.2, the necessary files and guides can be found online.

If you downgrade your source to 4.5 you'll lose all your save data due to encryption differences. You can export all your saves with SaveDataFiler and then import them on your target system, but if you have lots of save games this could be more hassle than it's worth.

Reactions: honyo29

honyo29

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
so it's true that i have to make both sysnand on the same version.
thanks for clearing it up for me!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1