Hacking Q: Status on SX OS crack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nachuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
This is the exact same thing only on the internal memory of the console. What's so hard to understand?
that if you fuck everything up, you brick the system anyways and not only the "emunand"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is the exact same thing only on the internal memory of the console. What's so hard to understand?
and I have to mention that again... SLEEP MODE BRICKS THE WHOLE SYSTEM

Reactions: tiliarou

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
that if you fuck everything up, you brick the system anyways and not only the "emunand"

That's technically true to be honest. But it's a 1/1 copy of the NAND image, only on the internal storage. It's not technically as safe per se, but it is as advertised - a NAND image that's emulated from the internal storage.

Reactions: nachuz

nachuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
That's technically true to be honest. But it's a 1/1 copy of the NAND image, only on the internal storage. It's not technically as safe per se, but it is as advertised - a NAND image that's emulated from the internal storage.
Technically not, the storage is still the same for both nands from what I know, but I'm not sure

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and idk why I said both nands when is just one, a nand is hardware, not a software

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
If it's not that simple, why do those exist and why do they keep getting updated?
I don't get what you're trying to say. I said that there is no public release (which there isn't) and that we don't need the "crack" '(because other CFWs can play free games as well). Just because people do it for fun/as a challenge, does not mean we need them. So I still don't know why you quoted me in the first place.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get what you're trying to say. I said that there is no public release (which there isn't) and that we don't need the "crack" '(because other CFWs can play free games as well). Just because people do it for fun/as a challenge, does not mean we need them. So I still don't know why you quoted me in the first place.
If you can't figure it out then just forget it. It isn't that difficult, but I guess to each their own.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guily6669 said:
2- Yeah requires crap and the use of Auto-RCM crap
Fail...

Everyone hates on autoRCM, however if you are not backward, and most of us aren`t, it is fine. Let the downgrade / upgrade commence.

You can FULLY RECOVER from ANY mishaps.

I hate misinformation.
I never said we can't go back, I said on step 3 we could use a backup on the CFW to go back to clean, however to be completely safe is almost impossible with CFW because it would require hacking everything, playing backups and doing stuff all offline, then put a backup to go back to clean status and play online, then do a new backup for increased clean log data to leave no bad traces of non existing logs\data, then hack it again and do everything offline, then put the backup again to go fully clean and play online...

While real emunand reading\writing from M-SD most likely we just need to remove the M-SD from the console and it probably gets clean by it self without doing anything as it won't boot the Emunand CFW and won't even have the M-SD for nintendo to read anything from its content, it goes back to original FW fully clean (in theory)...
I don't think its the same thing...

If its patching something on sysnand it will continue there, I'm sure nintendo can read the content of internal storage and see whats there (doesn't mean they do or bother), but if its patched in sysnand nintendo could simply read its contents and give a ban and we would have to keep deleting it for online play or run a backup to go back to clean FW just like using CFW...

The difference of having a full separate storage for emunand is exactly that on the M-SD we just remove it from the console and in theory is a full original console and we don't ever have to delete M-SD emunand content or having to load backups to go back to where your sysnand is already fully cleaned all original (this is just theoretically speaking as we never know if the emunand wouldnt ever make some traces on the nand chip or if sometime later nintendo could update and get a way to log the RCM data which most likely they won't, but no one knows, that sadly would render everything based on RCM detected and would require some black hacking to keep it stealth ;) ).

ps: But that is not even the reason that I want emunand on the M-SD, I won't update my console anyway or care for online... I want is just not using nand chip at all, leave it intact and test all kinds of random beta\alpha crap out there on a M-SD emunand environment and even maybe some nightly beta builds from good sources of atmosphere or something like that if it ever appears, if it bricks, don't care or need any work, just format M-SD and make a new emunand, don't need those huge hassle steps of fixing the nand, connecting to a PC, reconstructing partitions and so on, also risk free of having permanent bad sectors on nand memory that might lead to a unrecoverable fix and would need a new memory chip.

Last edited by guily6669,

smilodon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
6 pages of discussion to answer a simple question. Admins, can we have a stackexchange like place where only the important content is highlighted?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I could tell you how to get one million pounds, but I don't think you need it because you'd spend it on things I might not like.

(that is the equivalent of your argument.....)

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I could tell you how to get one million pounds, but I don't think you need it because you'd spend it on things I might not like.

(that is the equivalent of your argument.....)
not really.
More like: I can give you money so that you can buy a piece of bread. But I don't have to because 3 streets to the right is a bakery which will give you bread for free.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
not really.
More like: I can give you money so that you can buy a piece of bread. But I don't have to because 3 streets to the right is a bakery which will give you bread for free.

But I need gluten & sesame free bread & the bakery doesn't supply that for free.

You think you know what I need, but it's just arrogance. Got it????

Last edited by smf,

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
But I need gluten & sesame free bread & the bakery doesn't supply that for free.

You think you know what I need, but it's just arrogance. Got it????
But you can get that in a different bakery for free as well (just how you can use xci on other CFWs as well).
Got it????

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But you can get that in a different bakery for free as well (just how you can use xci on other CFWs as well).
Got it????

With other CFWs you have to convert the xci to nsp and install it. So it's like giving me the ingredients for free, but I have to bake my own bread & it's not as nice as the pre-made loaves.

You're still missing the point & you seem intent on missing it. I think we're done, just stop telling people what they want or need as you don't seem capable of figuring that out.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question has been answered and thread is off-topic. Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans